Chicken Nuggets - Kettle Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Well after making a few trips to the dump trying to clean up my garage and basement. The wife and I got a serious case of the munchies. The grandson was spending the day with us so his mother could get some much needed rest after pulling an all nighter at work

A rare beautiful day here, and after some physical work. I needed some assistance from an old buddy of mine.
DSC05160.JPG

Time to fire-up the 22"Kettle/Vortex combo and toss on 4 thighs and a chuckie. The chuckie is for a chili I'm making either today or tomorrow.
DSC05158.JPG

Time to check on the proteins. Just to make sure they're tanning evenly.
DSC05166.JPG

Now to prep the nuggets. First wrap with bacon!!!
DSC05170.JPG

Thighs are done.
DSC05171.JPG

and the nuggets are on.
DSC05177.JPG

When the bacon is cooked. Dip the nuggets in a cup of BBQ sauce so they're fully coated. and top with cheddar cheese.
DSC05178.JPG

Close-up or the DRKsmoking DRKsmoking pic.
DSC05180.JPG

Well that's all folks. Thanks for hanging with me. The grandson devoured his nuggets. To be honest so did the wife and I. I wish I had made more of them. As for the thighs - well the misses and I each ate one later on that night. The other two will be for today's lunch.

Chris

Looks great Chris. I would have chowed those nuggets fast too. You and those Genee pounders...lol
Thank Cliff. The nuggets turned out better than what I was expecting. The genny's taste great to me, and most importantly they're cheap.

Looks great Chris, nice looking snacks. I’ll be watching for what comes of the chuckie.
Appreciate it Edge, The chuckie is sliced, diced and sitting in the crock pot along with a pound or so of rib-eye that was in the freezer. Chili tonight for dinner.

Chris

Reactions: SmokinEdge
A lot of goodness on that grill Chris, nice work! RAY
Thanks Ray, I hate seeing empty grate space.
Got the kettle doing good things. Are those just frozen nuggets and bacon wrapped? I could devour everything on there.

Jim
Appreciate it Jim. Yessir those are just cheap frozen nuggets that I let thawed out enough to get a toothpick into. Then added the bacon, sauce and cheese. Makes a great little appetizer. I may put a slice of jalapeno on them the next time.

Chris

Dang Chris!! Some super good looking chicken there. I do envy you your weather though. We've been triple digits for over 2 months now. It's getting kinda old. Glad your old buddy was there to offer assistance though :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: gmc2003
Dang Chris!! Some super good looking chicken there. I do envy you your weather though. We've been triple digits for over 2 months now. It's getting kinda old. Glad your old buddy was there to offer assistance though :emoji_wink:

Robert
Appreciate it Robert, but it was just a simple thought I had to use up some freezer fix'ins while I had the kettle fired up. For something so simple/easy they came out great.

As for our weather. Well let me just say that we're getting more than our fair share of rain. If you convert the rainfall this summer to snow. We'd be somewhere between 150 to 160" of snow. I'm not sure if my snowblower can handle 13 feet of snow.

Chris

Fantastic meal Chris! And I'm adding those bacon nuggets are on my short list for sure.
Thanks Steve, I'll be doing these again real soon.

Chris

Ha Ha , Thanks for the heads up on the close up . I like to see what is going to be eaten.

As for the nuggets, what a cool idea, they are a going to happen thing, I think we have some chicken strips ( fingers ) in the freezer .

And I'm always up for chicken thighs, already saw your chili that the chucky was used for , nice.

We are in the same boat ( literally ) as you with all the rain, and we had some very cool nights lately.

David

I'm thinking I need some nuggets! Dang they look good!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan, I know right. Who knew you could make nuggets into something edible.
Ha Ha , Thanks for the heads up on the close up . I like to see what is going to be eaten.

As for the nuggets, what a cool idea, they are a going to happen thing, I think we have some chicken strips ( fingers ) in the freezer .

And I'm always up for chicken thighs, already saw your chili that the chucky was used for , nice.

We are in the same boat ( literally ) as you with all the rain, and we had some very cool nights lately.

David
LOL David, I'm just trying to skank my way into the closeup club. I think the chicken strips would work great with these. Currently we're in the middle of another thunder storm, with heavy rains. I hope the folks in Central VT. don't flood out again.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Going to try the chicken strips and maybe even cut in half.

Currently we're in the middle of another thunder storm, with heavy rains. I hope the folks in Central VT. don't flood out again.
Yes hope they get missed again. A week after our big rain and floods we had another heavy rains and thunder. But the other areas were hit more than us this time. Still not as bad as the first one. We are in for thunder storm here today again

David

Yes hope they get missed again. A week after our big rain and floods we had another heavy rains and thunder. But the other areas were hit more than us this time. Still not as bad as the first one. We are in for thunder storm here today again

Grey skies are gonna clear up
Put on a happy face

We're looking at blue skies this morning. Hope it stays this way. I have to trim painting to do.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky