Chicken Nuggets - Kettle Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks like a great day on the kettle.
Good lookin proteins on there. I'll have to try the bacon wrap trick,
Thanks Joe, We haven't gotten to many really nice days this summer. It's either one extreme or the other. It was nice to kick back and enjoy.

Chris

Well after making a few trips to the dump trying to clean up my garage and basement. The wife and I got a serious case of the munchies. The grandson was spending the day with us so his mother could get some much needed rest after pulling an all nighter at work

A rare beautiful day here, and after some physical work. I needed some assistance from an old buddy of mine.
View attachment 673077
Time to fire-up the 22"Kettle/Vortex combo and toss on 4 thighs and a chuckie. The chuckie is for a chili I'm making either today or tomorrow.
View attachment 673078
Time to check on the proteins. Just to make sure they're tanning evenly.
View attachment 673079
Now to prep the nuggets. First wrap with bacon!!!
View attachment 673080
Thighs are done.
View attachment 673081
and the nuggets are on.
View attachment 673082
When the bacon is cooked. Dip the nuggets in a cup of BBQ sauce so they're fully coated. and top with cheddar cheese.
View attachment 673083
Close-up or the DRKsmoking DRKsmoking pic.
View attachment 673084

Well that's all folks. Thanks for hanging with me. The grandson devoured his nuggets. To be honest so did the wife and I. I wish I had made more of them. As for the thighs - well the misses and I each ate one later on that night. The other two will be for today's lunch.

Chris
Ok those are Adult nuggets if I have ever seen them

Reactions: gmc2003
Grey skies are gonna clear up
Put on a happy face

We're looking at blue skies this morning. Hope it stays this way. I have to trim painting to do.

Chris

I am pretty well always smiling ( or at least grinning ) Makes Mona mad, she is always saying stop being so happy.

I might grumbel , but it all is what it is . I just try to go with the flow, except the flow lately has been kind of fast.

Today rain all day again. I just came in pretty wet as I had to put brake pads on the back of the work van , and on the brighter note , I left early from work today as it was raining just enough that I could not open up the outside wall at customers house.

See win win, early from work and got my brakes done, always smiling

David

I am pretty well always smiling ( or at least grinning ) Makes Mona mad, she is always saying stop being so happy.

I might grumbel , but it all is what it is . I just try to go with the flow, except the flow lately has been kind of fast.

Today rain all day again. I just came in pretty wet as I had to put brake pads on the back of the work van , and on the brighter note , I left early from work today as it was raining just enough that I could not open up the outside wall at customers house.

David
Make some of his chicken nuggets and tell your wife you're having a happy meal! 😊

Ryan

Chris you need to use these next time
1691782140269.jpeg

Sounds like my dad growing up. He'd come home and ask if I'd walked the dog. If I said yes he mumbled something under his breath. If I said no, he'd also mumble something under his breath. I was never really sure which was worse, but I made it a point to walk the dog before he got home.

It takes me longer to get up from working on my brakes now. Then it does to actually change the brakes. It sucks getting old.

Chris

Chris, I'll be over for some of your chicken ! :)

Thanks CM, the nuggets are all gone, but I still have some chili leftover. Oh heck, who am I kidding. If you came by I'd go buy some more nuggets, and bacon.

Chris

Then it does to actually change the brakes. It sucks getting old.

I hear you brother ,
I had to remove the caliper on one side 3 times , it was not sliding right.
After about the third time getting up off my knees, I said this is getting very old now . But I could not wait for 2 weeks for the garage to do them.

I'm used to having splinters under my nails not black grease, lol

David

• Haha
Reactions: gmc2003
I'm used to having splinters under my nails not black grease, lol
Between the aches and pains of getting up/down and having to make an appointment to get rid of the hazardous fluids. It's almost worth paying the high cost of having someone else to the work.

gmc2003 gmc2003 the weber kettle Master:

If your cooks are a reflection of your handsomeness, then I am in love ❤️

View attachment 673230
Good to see ya frequent the site more often Banjo man. I see your still taking good care of those toofs.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Thanks Warren, he's 3 and loves the treats grampa makes for him.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky