Chicken Leg Quarters (Hickory Smoked)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yes sir those are some fine looking right quarters. When you going to catch the birds and remove the other left quarters they must look funny hoping around on one leg. :D

Warren

Yes sir those are some fine looking right quarters. When you going to catch the birds and remove the other left quarters they must look funny hoping around on one leg. :D

Warren

Shoot---The shape I'm in I can't even catch those one legged Yard-Birds!!

Bear

Prop a box up with a stick put some feed under the box and pull the string attached to the stick, Ha
Patience counts here.

Warren

LOL---Now you're really bringing back memories!!
I used to catch birds in our back yard, like that, when I was a Kid.
In the Winter I'd dig a hole in the snow & use a sheet of "Top snow crust" for the drop lid.
The string ran to my bedroom window through the window weep holes.

The hard part was getting them out of the hole after you catch one!!!

Bear

Mighty fine looking chicken legs bear. I bet you hibernated a while after that meal

Point for sure.

Chris

Thank You Chris!!
Yup---It's getting about that time too.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bear,

Have you ever tried them at a higher internal temp? I started doing my quarters to around 185 and I like the results better. From what I read, the dark meat of qtrs tastes better at that temp b/c of the fat. Of course, you wouldn't want to do white meat like that.

No I haven't yet, but I don't do a lot of Chicken in my Smoker----My Grill usually wins the Chicken Jobs!!
This was only the third time I smoked any type of Chicken Legs.

Bear

John, them leg quarters looking mighty tasty, nice cook.
Like!

Thank You John!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Quarters look excellent. Was eyeballing them for our meat sale that starts tomorrow. Will have to wait until I get the new controller installed and dialed in before they see smoke though.

Thank You WR !!
Yeah---That would make it easier.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky