1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Chicken Cordon Bleu with Qview

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by SmokinAl, Feb 6, 2011.

1. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I bought some boneless, skinless chicken breasts at Wally World Friday, along with the ham I smoked Friday night. My plan was to use some of that smoked ham for cordon bleu Sat. night. I opened the package up Sat. morning & realized they weren't real good looking breasts, also they were all over the place as far as size goes. I ended up with 6 about the same size. I wasn't real happy with them, but this is my first attempt at cordon bleu so I just went ahead & used them anyway, how bad could they be, anything wrapped in bacon is gonna be good. I then brined them all for a couple of hours. Rinsed them off, took the small ones & foodsavered them for stir fry. I butterflied the 6 good one's filled them with smoked ham, provolone, & feta. Rolled them up & wrapped them in bacon. Then dusted them with Everglades fish & fowl. Fired up the WSM with Hickory, Oak, & Pecan chunks. Put them on the bottom rack, with cauliflower au gratin on the top rack. Got the temp to 225 & let them go. Pulled out in 3 1/2 hours at 165 IT. They were delicious. We had a few neighbors over, and they couldn't stop raving about the flavor & tenderness. The chicken just melted in your mouth. Thanks to all the advice I've received from you guys I just completed another very successful smoke. Here's a couple of shots of the finished product.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking,

Al

2. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Those look delicious Al!!!!

Have a great day!!!

Craig

3. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

That looks simply Awesome there, stranger!   [​IMG]

You remind me of a great smoker who used to be on this forum not long ago.

His name was Al too.  [​IMG]

Bear

4. cole

cole Fire Starter

Looks great.