Chicken Cordon Bleu with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
I bought some boneless, skinless chicken breasts at Wally World Friday, along with the ham I smoked Friday night. My plan was to use some of that smoked ham for cordon bleu Sat. night. I opened the package up Sat. morning & realized they weren't real good looking breasts, also they were all over the place as far as size goes. I ended up with 6 about the same size. I wasn't real happy with them, but this is my first attempt at cordon bleu so I just went ahead & used them anyway, how bad could they be, anything wrapped in bacon is gonna be good. I then brined them all for a couple of hours. Rinsed them off, took the small ones & foodsavered them for stir fry. I butterflied the 6 good one's filled them with smoked ham, provolone, & feta. Rolled them up & wrapped them in bacon. Then dusted them with Everglades fish & fowl. Fired up the WSM with Hickory, Oak, & Pecan chunks. Put them on the bottom rack, with cauliflower au gratin on the top rack. Got the temp to 225 & let them go. Pulled out in 3 1/2 hours at 165 IT. They were delicious. We had a few neighbors over, and they couldn't stop raving about the flavor & tenderness. The chicken just melted in your mouth. Thanks to all the advice I've received from you guys I just completed another very successful smoke. Here's a couple of shots of the finished product.

b9cead74_2-6-111.jpg

4af62425_2-6-112.jpg

b3c6e028_2-6-113.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Al

Those look delicious Al!!!!

Have a great day!!!

Craig

That looks simply Awesome there, stranger!   
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

You remind me of a great smoker who used to be on this forum not long ago.

His name was Al too.  
icon_rolleyes.gif

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky