• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Chick-Can success with pictures!

hawgheaven

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 5, 2007
I've been threatening to do this for some time, so last night I fired up the ol' Char-Griller and rendered up some of the most tasty chicken I have ever tasted.

Prep was easy; just wash the birds and pat dry. Rub the inside and outside surfaces with olive oil, then dry rub inside and out. Install a medium-sized shallot in the neck opening. Open a can of beer (actually two...) and drink half of the contents, leaving the can(s) half full. Poke more holes in the top of the can(s), then add some of the rub to the beer. Place the can(s) of beer in the handy dandy beer-can-up-the-butt rack and install the chix.

The smoker temp was at 200* when I placed the chix in the smoker, up to 225* for the rest of the smoke. They stayed in for about 2 hours.

Here's some pix of the chix, sorry for the poor quality... my camera sux out loud!

triple b

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2007
Looks good enough to eat if you ask me!
Good work Hawg!

daddio

Meat Mopper
Joined May 21, 2007
good looking chicken hey this is the only way to cook them birds good and moist,i use apple juice and mix a little rub in with it in mine,also done big ol turkey on a can and that's some fine eats!! good job on the chicks!

peculiarmike

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 29, 2006
Yeah, beer butt chicken........... most tasty! Easy to fix and hard to mess up. Really moist, great flavor.
Good job!

hawgheaven

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 5, 2007
The pictures do no justice to the finale, but let me assure you, the actual product is a mighty tasty alternative to the norm I'm used to.

I luv this place!

t-bone tim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 24, 2007
Looks good Hawg...I love beer can chicks
Uhhhhhh and the beer

bbq bubba

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 12, 2007
Awesome Hawg, i find the best part of beer can chicken is drinking half the beer (and then some)

hawgheaven

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 5, 2007
Well, the way I look at it; The beer is incentive to cook more chickens! People need to eat!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.