Chick-Can success with pictures!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hawgheaven

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 5, 2007
I've been threatening to do this for some time, so last night I fired up the ol' Char-Griller and rendered up some of the most tasty chicken I have ever tasted.

Prep was easy; just wash the birds and pat dry. Rub the inside and outside surfaces with olive oil, then dry rub inside and out. Install a medium-sized shallot in the neck opening. Open a can of beer (actually two...) and drink half of the contents, leaving the can(s) half full. Poke more holes in the top of the can(s), then add some of the rub to the beer. Place the can(s) of beer in the handy dandy beer-can-up-the-butt rack and install the chix.

The smoker temp was at 200* when I placed the chix in the smoker, up to 225* for the rest of the smoke. They stayed in for about 2 hours.

Here's some pix of the chix, sorry for the poor quality... my camera sux out loud!

Looks good enough to eat if you ask me!
Good work Hawg!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

good looking chicken hey this is the only way to cook them birds good and moist,i use apple juice and mix a little rub in with it in mine,also done big ol turkey on a can and that's some fine eats!! good job on the chicks!

The pictures do no justice to the finale, but let me assure you, the actual product is a mighty tasty alternative to the norm I'm used to.

I luv this place!

Thanks! The skin was as crispy as you'd ever want!

Well, the way I look at it; The beer is incentive to cook more chickens! People need to eat!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky