Chef R.O.B.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

noprints

Original poster
May 22, 2012
Pasadena, Ca
lol, Big Rob from Sunny Southern California. They say Cali people can't que, but those same people tell me they cook their ribs in the oven or boil them first, lol - Funny thing to me.

I have a Char Griller 2121 - http://www.chargriller.com/index.ph...&product_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

And it's a beast, it's not a high end grill but my food comes out good on it. I didn't properly maintain it however so will be going through a restore to gt her back up, along with some Mods of been looking into. I'm open for suggestions if anyone has any and or a link for some on this site, just in case I miss it as I go through.

I also plan on purchasing the Char Griller 5050 and a sidebox for my 2121 within the next few weeks.

I claim to be good, but want to be better - and always open to suggestions, as long as it doesn't involve boiling, or baking my Ribs first.

I forgot to add, i'm a decent to good griller in my opinion but really have no clue when it comes to smoking, teach me Obi Wan

Last edited:
Hello Chef R.O.B. and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - glad to have you here with us 

Please consider joining our So Cal Smokers Group

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/groups/show/23/so-cal-smokers

Boiling is a cardinal sin here !!! LOL

Pre cooking ribs is for the resturants  that have to have ribs ready to go in 12 - 15 min from order.

Hey Rob, welcome to SMF.  Here is a link that a poster made about restoring and making mods to a silver smoker that you can gleen some ideas from.

Enjoy the Smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky