Chef JimmyJ's Poultry Brine And Rotisserie Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Norwester55

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 1, 2018
Oregon
Is delicious! I soaked a 5 lb chicken overnight, let dry for 4-5 hrs, trussed it up and let it spin for an hour and 20 minutes on 380*.
Let it rest breast down 10 minutes. I didn't take a dinner plate pic because much of it didn't make it off the counter. Breast meat is very moist and has just the right amount of flavor from the brine. 10/10 would cook again!

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/favorite-whole-chicken-brine.124234/#post-830678

IMG_20200123_192819_01.jpg

IMG_20200123_194340.jpg

Last edited:
Thrilled to hear you enjoyed the results, sure looks good. I have some family that always request my Rotisserie Chicken, even though I offer to make Steak or Seafood...JJ

It is a really good brine! I'm generally not much of a chicken fan other than fried, but I'll probably be eating more of it now. I texted the recipe to my sister. She only eats wings because "the rest of it is too bland". It'll change her mind I'm sure.

Excellent looking bird. Haven't tried JimmyJ's brine yet but everything else I have done of his has been outstanding so I'm sure this is too. Nice work! I've got a couple yardbirds to throw on the smoker this weekend.

Just seeing this . Seems alot being missed lately .
Looks good . What did you cook on ?

Looks fantastic!
I know what you mean with eating it right off the cutting board.
My wife & our friends have done the same thing.
Just stand there & eat the whole darn thing!
You can't go wrong with any of JJ's recipes!
Al

Thanks for the likes guys!
Excellent looking bird. Haven't tried JimmyJ's brine yet but everything else I have done of his has been outstanding so I'm sure this is too. Nice work! I've got a couple yardbirds to throw on the smoker this weekend.
Thanks! The brine is good stuff!
Just seeing this . Seems alot being missed lately .
Looks good . What did you cook on ?
I forgot that didn't I? 380 for 70 minutes, wasn't quite done so I went another 10 but 5 would have done it. Still getting used to how fast this thing cooks. Edited my OP.
Dang another thing on my bucket list I need another page and more time.

Warren
I need a bigger bucket! ;)
Looks fantastic!
I know what you mean with eating it right off the cutting board.
My wife & our friends have done the same thing.
Just stand there & eat the whole darn thing!
You can't go wrong with any of JJ's recipes!
Al
Thanks Al! It happens more often than not around here. The dog knows to stand by.

IMG_20190321_211830.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
Is it one of the air fryers ?

Yeah its a Cosori oven similar to the Emeril. My sister was looking for one and I told her I'd research for her and then ended up buying one myself. I had one somewhat smaller but the rotisserie drive was kind of phony so I never did use it. I use this one more than I thought I would.

IMG_20191126_230906.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
All looking good and thanks for the kind words all...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky