Cheesesteak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
My breadless cheesesteak was very good. Thanks TNJAKE TNJAKE for that tip about marinading onions in seasoned olive oil and Bearcarver Bearcarver for the meat brand.

20200731_162950.jpg 20200731_163750.jpg 20200731_164006.jpg 20200731_164113.jpg

Very nice bud. Who needs bread with top notch cheesesteak like that? Marinating the onions adds so much extra flavor

I’m al about bread less. Looks great. I’ll have to marinate my onions next time to kick them up a notch.

That looks very good. Never heard of marinating onions. Might have to try it.

That looks really good! No bread equals more meat! I like the idea of marinating the onions. So just one question, how would pickled onions work for this? Would they retain any of the flavor or lose it while frying?

Ryan

Looks great Brian! I agree, no bread means more meat. Excellent idea marinating the onions too Jake.
Thanks for sharing.

Mike

That looks really good! No bread equals more meat! I like the idea of marinating the onions. So just one question, how would pickled onions work for this? Would they retain any of the flavor or lose it while frying?

Ryan
I love pickled onions but not sure about cooking them. I had forgot about those. Thanks for reminding me. Got some started now.

Last edited:
Looking for some new to drink. What whiskeys you like?

Bourbons and ryes mostly. I'm not picky as long as it is smooth and has a good flavor. Cask & crew, Makers Mark, and a lot of micro brands. For some reason I'm not really fond of JB or JD. What's your flavor?

I have to be careful with scotch. I've never had a nice drunk with that. I do like a small taste of it once in awhile.
I used JD for years, then I got sick of the taste, and switched to Scotch maybe 15 years ago. I don't drink as much as I did when younger, so it's tolerable. I do enjoy the taste much more. I find the hangovers are the same, lol.

Reactions: Steve H
Bourbons and ryes mostly. I'm not picky as long as it is smooth and has a good flavor. Cask & crew, Makers Mark, and a lot of micro brands. For some reason I'm not really fond of JB or JD. What's your flavor?
I had always been a whiskey coke guy. Made my own mostly. Now I have come to appreciate straight whiskey. Been mostly drinking our local, Ironroot but getting expensive and hard to get. Winning to many awards! Would like find something decent for around $30. I just got a bottle of 1835 to try. Texas whiskey.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky