Cheddar Cheese w/ A-MAZE-N Tube Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rubrchickenhead

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
Martinez, Ca
I've used the A-MAZE-N tube smoker 12" version in my Weber Kettle a few times now. I'm using the Pitmaster's Choice blend, which is a combination of hickory, cherry, and maple. So far I've only had positive experiences with the tube smoker.

I bought Tillamook cheese because they are the only major brand whose factory I've toured. I was surprised by how enjoyable it was to visit a cheese factory. You get to watch all the workers and see the fancy machinery, plus they had tons of historical stuff that was interesting and dated way back. Also, plenty of cheese samples.

I used the A-MAZE-N tube smoker to generate 3 hours of smoke and then wrapped the cheddar pieces in plastic. The only hard part will be the wait . . .

Last edited:
That cheese looks great.  Love the color.  I did my first cheese smoke on 2/2 using the AMNPS for about the same 3 hour smoke time.  Jack, Pepper Jack, Medium Cheddar, and some of those small individual size Tomato & Basil Mozzarella and Jalapeno Mozzarella.  Been vacuum sealed and in the fridge since 2/2.  Looking forward to sampling them this Saturday.  Hope yours taste as good as they look!

Can't go wrong with the Tube smoker and Tillamook! I used to live not far from Tillamook and we'd go up and pick up cheese right from the factory! We really like the smoked pepper jack. Recently we discovered that the Lucerne Brand has a bit more kick to it than Tillamooks so we've been using it instead! I've been using the 18" AMNTS, and just recieved the 12" for my mini-wsm. Going to do a maiden run this weekend on a small batch of pepper jack!

Today marks 1 week since I smoked this cheddar, so I unwrapped piece 2 of 8 for sampling. The cheese definitely tasted better at the 1 week mark than it did when I broke down on day 4 of aging. Of course to properly compare, I had to make another grilled cheese . . .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky