Chaurice or Fresh Green Onion Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Man !!!   You have got to send me samples of that.  Nice Job.     
points.gif

Gary
Thanks Gary, I be smelling something mighty find to the west blowing in the wind...... you smell it?

Reactions: disco
Looks awesome. But it is expected from a great sausage maker like yourself.

Points for you

Foam, give the onions a 5 minute blanch in some simmering water to kick down that onion bite. Won't even need the sugar...unless you like a bit of sweet in your life.
Thank you sir. I think my problem was I out smarted myself. I froze the onions before I made the sausage thinking they would grate easier. I know that green onion get a freezer ice taste when they are frozen and that was what I was tasting.

That stuff looks spectacular. I must try this. 
Thank you. Its pretty tastee! Fresh onions is what it takes.

Looks awesome. But it is expected from a great sausage maker like yourself.

Points for you
Thank you.... now come on, its green onions and ground pork.......LOL

BTW I did this today.

Thats only an hour in too! Check it out now!

Mmmmmmm.............Guuuuuuud!

Sure would like a mess of that good looking sausage this morning for breakfast

Gary

Sure would like a mess of that good looking sausage this morning for breakfast

Gary
You could but its more like andouille or taso here Gary, its a seasoning meat. Cook what you want with little seasonings and throw the seasoning meats in to do the rest. I originally heard from the old man down the street when I was a kid that the reason for the seasoniong meats was when women did the wash, they carried some beans a piece of sausage to a pot of water set up next to the wash pot. They didn't want to carry a bunch of seasonings and onions and stuff so they put it in the sausage. I don't know if its true, but I believed him. Course I believed everything he said....

Hey Foam, 

Those are some tasty looking links!  I do love me some Chaurice with beans and corn bread!  Formed into patties makes a great po' boy to  :)

Ya making me home sick.  
drool.gif

You can't tell me they don't grow green onions in Az.

Thank you Darwin.
Yea we got some but they taste better when cooked along the river.  I made one batch and was not happy with it, I need to learn to experiment with 1 pound at a time. 
icon_wink.gif

Late to the party but glad I saw this. You sure you don't want to adopt a Canadian, Kevin?

points1.png

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky