Char-Griller vs Daniel Boone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

leejay99

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
Near Dover, DE
OK, here we go.  I am on a somewhat limited budget and would like to try pellet smoking/grilling.  I pretty much have it down to 2: the Char-Griller 9020 and the Green Mountain Grills Daniel Boone.

The CG is $499 and the DB is $549 (I don't need Wi-Fi).

The CG has 580 sq in vs the 432 sq in for the DB.

I have not seen the CG in person but have spoken to a few that have one and they like theirs a lot.  I also have a Char-Griller gas grill which I really like, especially for a $169 grill.  I have seen the DB and like what I see.

I would love to hear from someone who has seen/cooked on both.  Any other thoughts, good experiences, bad experiences, etc. on either one would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lee

Ive had my DB for about 7 months. Love this thing. I'll be smoking 12# of venison pastrami as well as some SL ribs tomorrow. Havnt had a bad cook from it yet.

OK, here we go.  I am on a somewhat limited budget and would like to try pellet smoking/grilling.  I pretty much have it down to 2: the Char-Griller 9020 and the Green Mountain Grills Daniel Boone.

The CG is $499 and the DB is $549 (I don't need Wi-Fi).

The CG has 580 sq in vs the 432 sq in for the DB.

I have not seen the CG in person but have spoken to a few that have one and they like theirs a lot.  I also have a Char-Griller gas grill which I really like, especially for a $169 grill.  I have seen the DB and like what I see.

I would love to hear from someone who has seen/cooked on both.  Any other thoughts, good experiences, bad experiences, etc. on either one would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lee
I have a CG and my folks do as well. I used it a whole lot until I needed to change the fire rod but that happened to the traeger we had also up north so common when used alot. My parents have no issue at all with theirs. Good price and I have fit 6 pork butts in it at once.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky