Char-Griller SFB with BBQ Guru NanoQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mtchargriller

Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
Billings, MT
I'm in a small bind.  I will be getting a NanoQ from BBQ Guru for Xmas any one have it on their Smokin Pro with SFB?  My main question is the fan, should I get the 10 cfm or 25 cfm?  One website says you need the 10,  BBQ Guru says the 25.  Of course the 10 cfm is alot cheaper, so what ya think, will the 10 make due?

Got it all set up last week and used it for the first time.  Temp out side was close to 0 and with the wind chill it had to be less than that.  Any how, the NanoQ performed flawlessly and kept the temp very stable.  Talk about peace of mind.  Here are some pics.

7087cd6c_Phone2065.jpg

4c4cc7f0_Phone2064.jpg

Can I get a Hell Yea on the Prime Rib?

11869ca8_Phone2038.jpg

OK "Hell Yea". Nice job, your just getting by too easy. You need to be out in the snow tending to your smoker.  
icon_lol.gif

Les, I just started about half a chimney of lump coal and dumped about a half 10lb bag in my SFB and turned on the NanoQ.  About every hour or so I would go check on it just out of habit and the temp stayed right on the money.  I did a 9lb pork shoulder this weekend, it took a lot longer so I did end up adding quite a bit more fuel but it was on there for 11 hours.

On a side note, I did end up getting the 25cfm fan, I don't think the 10cfm would have enough grunt.

thanks, I've been looking at them but i just haven't pulled the trigger yet. When i use my chargriller i always have to baby sit,can't be away from it for more than 45mins.I was thinking that the nano would be helpful.

Mt. How did you select the location for installing the fan into the sfb? I removed the cooking grate in my sfb and replaced it with a metal mesh. This now serves as my charcoal/wood burning deck. I wanted to raise the level of the fire to allow more ash collection room and improve ventilation. Will that one mod affect where I would install the fan unit? When you say you started with a half of chimney with lump then added approx 5lbs more charcoal, when was the rest added? Like so many others, I have to tend my chargrill very closely and am considering the Nano Q to free me up a little during a smoke. Thanks for your pictures and experiences so far with the nanoQ.

Hey MT!

You get a HELL YEAH from me on the Prime Rib!!!!!  Great job man!

I have never seen anyone try the GURU on a CG w/ SFB so I couldn't help...sorry.  Looks like you made it work though.

Any other mods to your CG?  I have one that I mothballed since getting my WSM and MES30.

Thanks,

Bill

Guys, this is an old post and MTChargriller has not posted anything since February 2012.  Likely he has moved on?

But perhaps someone else will be able to answer those question about the Chargriller and a power draft.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky