Champion juicer for emulsifying. Wow!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I saw a Reddit thread about the Champion used for emulsifing meat about 2 weeks ago. I looked at FB Marketplace and found one near me, complete, and in nearly new condition for $15.00.... I went and picked it up. I have yet to try it.
Wow! Great buy!!! Haha. Maybe my thread :-)

Bought one two years ago or so.... for $80. Since then I stopped using my food processor to emulsify meat. The Champion juicer works like "champion" and I am happy with the final result....
Have you used it a lot so far? I am a bit worried for how long the cutter will last for meat processing. I even bought a champion nr. 2 because of this.

Last edited:
With just meat I’m not sure you can wear out the cutter. I had to sharpen mine because the previous owner ran some kind of heavy pitted fruit through it like cherries maybe, but just meat I’ve ran maybe a couple hundred pounds through mine with zero issues and suspect I never will have issues.

Reactions: BjornEK
Son of a..........................

champion.jpg

Picking it up on the way home Tuesday. 100.00 new condition. Only used for juicing apples and oranges. Been wanting to do hotdogs, Weisswurst, Knackwurst. And others.
Comes with 2 screens. And the blank.

With just meat I’m not sure you can wear out the cutter. I had to sharpen mine because the previous owner ran some kind of heavy pitted fruit through it like cherries maybe, but just meat I’ve ran maybe a couple hundred pounds through mine with zero issues and suspect I never will have issues.
Great! Thank you! As of now the cutter is very sharp. I think the previous owner was heavy on the carrot juice drinking.
Most of the cutter has that colour.
Tried to get it off soaking the cutter in 1 part clorine based bleach, 5 parts of water soaked for 24 hours. No difference at all.
I know that it does not matter, but I like that my meat processing equipment looks clean.

Have you used it a lot so far? I am a bit worried for how long the cutter will last for meat processing. I even bought a champion nr. 2 because of this.
Not a lot - I used it maybe 8-10 times since I bought it, making 10# of emulsified meat at once so I pushed through it approximately 100# of meat. Definitely not a lot so... I am not sure how long this juicer lasts if you start using it more heavily...

Not a lot - I used it maybe 8-10 times since I bought it, making 10# of emulsified meat at once so I pushed through it approximately 100# of meat. Definitely not a lot so... I am not sure how long this juicer lasts if you start using it more heavily...
I’m running about 100# a year through mine but feel like I could easily triple that if I needed to with no problems. If you need to do more pounds than that then you really need a buffalo chopper/bowl cutter, but those make a lot of heat. That’s one thing I really like about the Champion, it creates very little heat in the farce.

I’m running about 100# a year through mine but feel like I could easily triple that if I needed to with no problems. If you need to do more pounds than that then you really need a buffalo chopper/bowl cutter, but those make a lot of heat. That’s one thing I really like about the Champion, it creates very little heat in the farce.
Do you have experience with mixing emulsified meat and grinded meat (made sticky with salt).

My goal is a semi-artisan heat stable sausage for the grill

Do you have experience with mixing emulsified meat and grinded meat (made sticky with salt).

My goal is a semi-artisan heat stable sausage for the grill
You will see that the juicer does basically that. It’s not a pure emulsification. But you could mix other meat that has been protein extracted into the emulsification. Or just grind the meat x2 through a 1/8” plate and forget the emulsification. I do some sausage where I use the emulsified batter and mix that with about 1” cubed chunks of meat that has been cured and mixed by had for protein extraction. Works very nicely.

You will see that the juicer does basically that. It’s not a pure emulsification. But you could mix other meat that has been protein extracted into the emulsification. Or just grind the meat x2 through a 1/8” plate and forget the emulsification. I do some sausage where I use the emulsified batter and mix that with about 1” cubed chunks of meat that has been cured and mixed by had for protein extraction. Works very nicely.
Thank you! You are very helpful!

Ended up having to wait until yesterday to pick mine up.

IMG_20230203_025047210_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

For 100.00. I'm very impressed! The cutter is in mint shape. And. She said she has a brand new cutter somewhere in the house. And will give it to me when she finds it.
Think I did pretty good overall!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky