Catfish Nuggets Part #2 (in My #360)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Catfish Nuggets Part #2 (in My #360)

I got a Craving for some Catfish, so I added a big bag of Catfish Nuggets to my Curb-side Pick-up order from Giant Food Market.
This will be the second half of this Bag Batch of what they call nuggets.
I got My Breading Machine out (AKA Mrs Bear), and had her Bread all the pieces.
I filled one Crisper Basket, the rest of them in another Basket, along with a bunch of Frozen Steak Fries.
Then I set the #360 on “Roast” @ 390° for 40 minutes, with the Fan On.
I checked at 20 minutes, and they weren’t quite done, so I removed the Fries & put the fish back in to 25 minutes & all were Done.
So I plated all the Catty Pieces & the Fries, along with some Kraft Sandwich Spread as Tartar Sauce.

This was an enjoyable Meal for The Bear.

Bear

Rinse & Dry One Pound (1/2 Bag) of Catty Pieces:
IMG_5851.jpeg

Breaded by Mrs Bear:
IMG_5852.jpeg

All fish in #360 Crisper Baskets:
IMG_5853.jpeg

Frozen Steak Fries fill the rest of the second Basket:
IMG_5854.jpeg

In Fryer @ 390°:
IMG_5855.jpeg

Removed Fries @ 20 minutes:
IMG_5856.jpeg

Fish done in 25 Minutes:
IMG_5858.jpeg

Catty & Fries plated with Kraft Sandwich Spread for Tartar Sauce Dip:
IMG_5859.jpeg

Same Plate, different View:
IMG_5860.jpeg

That looks great Bear, some good eats there, Like! Is 390º for 20 minutes the standard for frozen steak fries Bear? They are a staple at our place, tho I still don't much use the 360. RAY

Mmmmm Looks Good Love Catfish.

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
Yup, Catfish has always been my favorite eating Fish.
However My favorite were wild caught, between 10" & 16" long.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great. Love catfish any which way.

Like.

Have a bag of those I’ve had a while (the managing partner doesn’t like catfish), and you’ve inspired me to use it up soon ... Will be going for a more Cajun spice blend since she won’t eat it anyway.

So how did you decide on 390 degrees? Was that from trial and error.
Jim

Thank You Jim!!
Yeah, mostly trial and error.
However most of the things I do in my #360 I use between 350° and 400°, but the most used are 380° and 390°.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: JLeonard
That looks great Bear, some good eats there, Like! Is 390º for 20 minutes the standard for frozen steak fries Bear? They are a staple at our place, tho I still don't much use the 360. RAY

Thank You Ray!!
No---I would have to say, I've had frozen Fries finish as quick as 12 minutes, and as long as 22 minutes. I start checking at about 10 or 12 minutes.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great. Love catfish any which way.

Like.

Have a bag of those I’ve had a while (the managing partner doesn’t like catfish), and you’ve inspired me to use it up soon ... Will be going for a more Cajun spice blend since she won’t eat it anyway.

Thank You!!
If you could, let me know when you post your Cajun Catfish.
I don't know why, but I never thought of the fact that Mrs Bear doesn't eat any fish, and I would like to try some Cajun Catfish soon, so I might as well go Cajun Too!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bears and this retired teacher love catfish!

Looks like a lovely meal there Bear,

John

Thank You John!!
I might be getting some Catfish meat.
Flatheads have invaded the Delaware River, and Bear Jr is getting after them.
He caught a 15 pounder, and said he'll catch a bigger one, cut it up & split it with me.
He's looking for a 30 to 40 pounder.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky