Can't make a decision

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HabSmasher

Original poster
Nov 2, 2017
Sorry, Im new here and don't know if Im posting in the correct place

So here's the deal...
I have 3x Bullet smokers, one being electric, 2 charcoal.
We are having a Friendsgiving next weekend, the 11th and I can not decide what to smoke!
Hoping to get some suggestions.

Thanksgiving style, 25-30 people
We will already be deep frying a Turkey and smoking a Boston Pork Butt. What should I do with my 5x other trays?!

Thank you

Chicken drumsticks and wings are always a nice addition and should be done before everything else so you could use them as an appetizer.

Smoked baked beans and since you have the fryer fired fry a spiral sliced ham.They are pre cooked and only take about 10 mins to warm and get heavenly,bacon like edges on the slices. Try to splay the slices apart from each other for best results.

Bill

I would make a couple pans of ABT's (bacon wrapped cheese stuffed peppers -- i use sweet peppers for crowds that don't like spicy foods.) or bacon wrapped meatballs. make something for finger food/apps people can graze at during social times.
Hope it goes well!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

You've got poultry and pork, so more meat would be overkill, but a twice smoked ham would be well received.

Sides would be my choice. If you've never filled a roasting pan with potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, and garlic, then used it as a drip pan in your smoker under something else, give it a try. The roasted, smoked veggies are phenomenal. You could just smoke them with lots of butter since you won't have a turkey to do the dripping. That works too.

Beans and Mac/Cheese are ALWAYS favorites.

Okay, I'm going to add this as an edit. ABTs, whether sweet or hot, seem to appeal more to the male food eye than our better halves, at least out my way. I love 'em, but most of the women pass and they don't put them on their kids' plates.

Now, do them stuffed and hide the bacon in the filling, they disappear! After all, it's a vegetable.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky