Cancooker Meal #2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Jul 7, 2005
Midvale, UT
Tonight's meal via the Cancooker was a Low Country Boil of crayfish, shrimp, andouille & kielbasa sausages, baby new potatoes and corn on the cob, bell pepper and onion. Seasonings use were Old Bay and a homemade Creole seasoning.

20210725_172516.jpg
20210725_180545.jpg

Most impressive! Looks like a pic out of Southern Living Magazine!...JJ

Reactions: Dutch
Thanks all for your comments. Ma Dutch said the Andouille sausage was a bit spicy for her liking and she doesn't like peeling the crayfish. They’re are kind of like pistachios, Ma will eat them if I will peel them!
When I SCUBA dived the local reservoirs, my dive buddy and I would take nets down with us and catch crayfish. When we surfaced we pulled out the boil pot and propane burner and commence to cooking and eating well.

A kings feast, damn that’s a good mix. The can cooker sounds interesting, never heard of these before.
Jabiru, milk can suppers are a throwback to cowboy days working on the ranch and pioneers crossing the plains when they had a non-travel day.
Food would be layered in a milk can, liquid added to the can to create steam and the milk can was placed on a campfire.

Reactions: HalfSmoked
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky