(Canadian) Thanksgiving Turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

atomicsmoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 3, 2014
Toronto, Canada
15lbs....brined for 24h. Smoked with cherry chunks on charcoal.

Roasted some potatoes, carrots, parsnips and beets to go with.
Only plated a few bits...my family members eat like birds (myself not included). Will freeze some. We love re-heated turkey leftovers.

Reactions: dukeburger
Great looking dish! Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family 
canadian-flag-15.gif

Looks great and I bet it taste as good as it looks.
Have you ever made a panini sandwich out of those leftovers? We make stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and cranberrys. That's considered a traditional thanksgiving diner here in Minnesota. We like to take all those leftovers and pile them between two thick slices of artisan bread buttered out side top and bottom and put it in the panini press for 5 minutes. If you don't have a press, wraps a brick in foil and put your sandwich in a cast iron fry pan with the brick on top and brown both sides.

Randy,

Can't say that I made panini with anything but meat and cheese. We do use turkey (meat) leftovers for them. Great idea though. I can see a sandwich shop picking up on this.

We did stuff the turkey before. But not since i started smoking them. We are actually not crazy for bread/cornmeal based stuffing. The stuffing wife does would probably require some bread to eat along: tons of eggs, organ meat, herbs, fat, just a handful of breadcrumbs. I guess it would make suitable for grilled sandwiches.
Here is stuffed lamb for Easter

Last edited:
Looks great I have never considered cheese because of all the other stuff on the sandwich brie would add another layer of flavor and texture.
Another panini sandwich I am requested to make often is a ham, pair and sharp cheddar cheese panini. Simple and really good.
Randy,

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky