I made another 2 loins into Canadian Bacon using Pop's Brine. The first batch was a little salty and I wanted to get the recipe the way I want it while it is still fresh in my memory. I did everything the same except reduced the salt to 3/4 cup from 1 cup. In the brine for 12 days. Last fall I cut some cherry wood into 1 1/4 pieces on my table saw and stored them to dry. I haven't tried cherry yet but a lot of posts were favorable so it was time. I use a lot of red oak and apple and will now be using a lot of cherry. Recipe 1 gallon of water 1 cup granulated sugar 3/4 cup of kosher salt 1 cup brown sugar 1 Tbs cure #1 1 Tbs garlic powder 1 Tbs onion powder 1 Tbs molasses (mild flavor) I started my smoker at 130 the slowly raised the temp to 190. It took about 6 hours to get the internal temp of the bacon to 145. It took 7 hours for my first batch, I might have raised the smoker temp faster this time or weather or whatever. Here is some cherry wood. Finished view. I didn't use the slicer on the first batch and have decided to not slice this batch. For some reason I like having my little hunk of ham whole in the fridge and I enjoy slicing for the frying pan or snacking. I'm very happy with how this turned out and this will be how I make CB going forward. Thanks for looking!