Canadian Bacon Back - This one is for you "Bearcarver"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sbishop

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 24, 2009
New Brunswick, Canada
Its also xmas and i decided to make a few loins (5) into back bacon for some xmas presents per Bearcarver instructions except i added 1/4 cup of maple syrop into each bag.

Did a fry this a few minutes....turned out excellent...they are in the smoker now and will add smoke to them in 45 min.

More to follow!

Sbishop

Yes that is SNOW in the back ground! got over a foot on Tuesday...nice and mild here today (4degrees C)

Nicely done. Are you sure it was a bear last time. Sounds like the culprit just waited for you to open the door this time.
icon_confused.gif

i'm pretty sure it was a bear, since those metal plates i can't bend by hand and some animal did.....but i'm 99.9% sure from the poop he left on the deck...
biggrin.gif

it turned out great!

I followed Bearcarver's recipe except for a few changes.

1tbsp of Morton Tender Quick per lbs of meat

1tbsp of brown sugar per lbs of meat

1/4 cup of maple sugar

no soaking in water before smoke, straight from bag, rinse in cold water, straight into smoker

smoke at 200

first hour no smoke, add smoke after first hour

smoke

until 145 internal.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky