• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Can I use the Traeger pellets in an AMNPS maze?

drewb0y

Joined Jul 5, 2020
I have an AMNPS 5x8 maze and want to know if I can use the Traeger pellets in it with no problem. Mostly just want to be sure they'll be able to smolder and smoke instead of just burning all the way through. I just got these because they were available at the grocery store and I want to smoke today!

Also has anyone used the Jack Daniel's pellets? Is there a noticable flavor difference for the cost?

Attachments

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the info is great to know.

Warren

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I don’t think Traeger pellets are 100% of the wood you choose. They have filler hardwood in them. So your not going to get the same smoke flavor in the maze as you would if you use Amazen pellets. They cost a bit more, but they last forever if you just use them in the maze.
Al

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
I use Jack Daniels pellets frequently. They are my go-to for anything chocolate. Haven't tried them with anything else.
Gary

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 1, 2019
I don’t think Traeger pellets are 100% of the wood you choose. They have filler hardwood in them. So your not going to get the same smoke flavor in the maze as you would if you use Amazen pellets. They cost a bit more, but they last forever if you just use them in the maze.
Al
And isn't the filler wood used to improve heat output? So Treager pellets might burn hotter than pellets from 100% flavor wood.

Lonzinomaker

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 8, 2018
I have read the traeger pellets also use an oil for flavor and have very little of the fruitwood in them. I only use pellets that say they are 100% of apple or cherry. The one time I did use a different brand and it didn't say 100%, my cheese wasn't as good.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.