• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Camp Chef Woodwind on the way

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 4, 2009
After reading Jeff's review and doing my own research on this pellet smoker I was convinced this one is for me.

I've smoked with various smokers for many years and this one almost seems like cheating.

Cant Wait!!

motocrash

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 25, 2017
Right on, It sounds like Camp Chef has them working pretty good.Keep us posted on how satisfied you are with it.

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 4, 2009
Now all I have to do is figure out how to get rid of my MES 40 and Weber propane grill

runway1

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 5, 2017
I settled on that model as well. Looking forward to your report!

Any difference between that and the DLX SmokePro? Same surface area and all.

motocrash

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 25, 2017

I was wondering the same thing when I was checking out their site.

bregent

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Mar 1, 2014

The Woodwind has a bottom storage shelf and front casters. Otherwise, pretty much the same as the DLX

Frank Bruno

Joined Apr 1, 2018
After reading Jeff's review and doing my own research on this pellet smoker I was convinced this one is for me.

I've smoked with various smokers for many years and this one almost seems like cheating.

Cant Wait!!
I read one of your newsletters and you talked about how you liked the Woodwind Smoker. I wanted to know what setting you set yours at to smoke a pork butt? I am having a hard time getting the meat to 205 degrees. Could you help me with this?

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 4, 2009
The unit and the wheels are very well made and the unit rolls very easily. I keep mine in my garage when not in use and have no difficulty wheeling it anywhere I need to.

genxos

Joined Jul 30, 2014
How do you like the Woodwind? Did you ever do a review of it here? I have my eyes on one, unfortunately the sear station is not available in Canada so I may need to get a PG24DLX and then possibly do a road trip for the upgrade.

Geebs

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 9, 2018
Genxos, you will not be dissapointed with the Woodwind, I love mine and have cooked on it every weekend since I have gotten it. I didnt get the searbox, but if I cant get my gas grill up and going I will be adding it.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks