Calling all Traeger and Rec Tec enthusiasts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

socal_bbqer

Original poster
Oct 19, 2020
Hi everyone,
I have decided to pull the trigger on a new pellet grill. At the moment, I am torn between the Rec Tec RT-700 and the Traeger Ironwood series. If you own any of these grills, I would love to hear about your experience with them.

cheers,
Dennis

Hi everyone,
I have decided to pull the trigger on a new pellet grill. At the moment, I am torn between the Rec Tec RT-700 and the Traeger Ironwood series. If you own any of these grills, I would love to hear about your experience with them.

cheers,
Dennis
My RT 680/700 has been a beast. Built like a tank. CS off the carts. Great grill for the money.

Reactions: socal_bbqer
I'm in the RT-700 group. What an amazing grill!! It is extremely well built, unbelievably reliable, and a true dream to cook on. It is also very versatile...basically a one-size-fits-all cooker if ever there was one. You can pretty much do anything on it from super low & slow for sausage to high searing heat on steaks. Wouldn't trade mine for love nor money.

Robert

I'm in the RT-700 group. What an amazing grill!! It is extremely well built, unbelievably reliable, and a true dream to cook on. It is also very versatile...basically a one-size-fits-all cooker if ever there was one. You can pretty much do anything on it from super low & slow for sausage to high searing heat on steaks. Wouldn't trade mine for love nor money.

Robert
Robert,
I appreciate your response. Which RT-700 group? I have decided to pull the trigger on the RT-700. Any pellet brand you recommend?

Cheers,
Dennis

Which RT-700 group?

Maybe I misled you with that comment. No official group, just the group of people that own the RT-700

I have decided to pull the trigger on the RT-700.

You won't be disappointed. They are great cookers. I have a batch of sausage on mine right now that's about done and may flash blast a couple rib eyes later for dinner.

The package I got from Rec Tec when I bought mine came with 200# of their Ultimate blend. Went through those real fast and ordered a bunch from Dick's Sporting Goods that are the Lumber Jack Supreme blend, which is what I'm using now. I've enjoyed both very much. The LJ pellets are very popular among the forum members here, and for good reason.

Robert

Reactions: socal_bbqer
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky