Which pellet grill I should buy? Traeger, Camp Chef or Req Teq?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I reviewed all of them extensively before purchase. I went with Recteq, mainly based on quality and customer service. My second choice would have been Camp Chef, at least in the same price range. I little more expensive would have been Yoder. I purchased the RT-700 with the internal shelf making it the same surface area as the 1250. I added the cold smoke box and also purchased a Bullseye for searing. I'm quite happy with both of them.

Clowns who only advocate for what they bought, whether it's good or not. I've bought two or more models from almost every manufacturer and I don't misguide people to inferior products because I spent money on a product that doesn't perform competitively. I was testing and reviewing them. You won't find me saying Guru, Fireboard, Weber, GMG, Camp Chef or even RecTeq are junk. Half of them are overpriced, but not poor quality. RecTeq is just a marketing machine but no different than GMG, Camp Chef, etc in terms of actual quality or performance. You want better buy MAK or Cookshack. Inkbird is junk. Simple as. The rebranded Tempmaster ATC they sling is quality though. I'm not saying anything that can't be verified by others.

I don't own neither of those you have listed ... but if I had to decide to buy one and based on multiple opinions on this forum I would definitely go with Rec Teq RT 700.
Curious what Recteq does to really get smoke flavor. My camp chef smokes and I even add a pellet tube but I still don't get the smoke flavor I'm seeking. How is the Recteq different in terms of it's ability to get smoke into the meat?

OP’s only post, never returned. Probably smarter than the rest of us engaged in this troll-fest.
Since K Kirbygw resurrected this:
Actually he returned in Dec, probably didn't even read thru this whole thing.

For me, I own a Traeger 575 and I would have told him to buy something else. My next is a Yoder for sure.
Sorry for keeping this alive.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky