Cajun Smoked Turkeybreast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmusser

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 11, 2020
Cajun Smoked Turkey Breast- I have never smoked a turkey before and decided to experiment. Got a 6 # breast and smoked Thanksgiving Eve. Fired up the Bradley this morn to 225 and pulled out breast to warm up. Loaded applewood. Cooked i smoking pan based on temp to 164 and pulled to rest half hour. Never even looked at time. Juiciest bird I have ever had. Seriously juices covering the cutting bard. The skin came out perfect. It was overall a bit salty with the skin. Easy to adjust. My kids loved it minus the skin. I went extreme (for me) by going for an intense flavor. I got it. First turkey smoke, brine and inject. Gave a bit to neighbors that enjoyed as well.

2 days before- 12 hr Overnight brine with salt, sugar, rosemary, garlic cloves, onion, oranges and lots of cajun seasoning
1 day before- Melted stick butter and cajun mix . Injected in bird and leftover on top. Seasoned with a LOT of cajun

IMG_1605.jpg
IMG_1606.jpg
IMG_1611.jpg
IMG_1614.jpg
IMG_1615.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much all. Appreciate the likes. Now round 2! Happy Thanksgiving all!

Very nice! I too am a fan of Cajun Spices. My Goto Rub is my Cajun Rib Tickler. A Blackening Blend with added Sugar...JJ

Reactions: jmusser
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky