Cabelas "Commercial Grade" Sausage Stuffer Parts Question?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm pretty sure it's a Weston, tho I think they have discontinued making the 20lb model in favor of the 15. They should still have parts available. RAY

Well this reply from Cabelas: "Thank you for getting back to me. I am terribly sorry, regrettably parts are no longer available CABELA'S COMMERCIAL GRADE STUFFER. I apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience this has caused you.
Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,
Brandie B.
Product Information/Customer Service"

That's always been bass pro for ya. Cabelas went to SH!t when they got bought out. I avoid them both now

I'd call corporate and demand they to give you a new one. If you cant get one find someone to machine you a new pusher. You dont need that fancy valve. Just a hole with a valve and spring. It looks like I'll have to find a new o-ring. Mine is as old as the unit and still in great shape but i'm sure it wont last forever.

Boykjo

That's always been bass pro for ya. Cabelas went to SH!t when they got bought out. I avoid them both now

I'd call corporate and demand they to give you a new one. If you cant get one find someone to machine you a new pusher. You dont need that fancy valve. Just a hole with a valve and spring. It looks like I'll have to find a new o-ring. Mine is as old as the unit and still in great shape but i'm sure it wont last forever.

Boykjo
I think you can still buy the O-ring....or at least I saw a lot of them while looking for plunger head. I didn't drill down to make sure it's the right one. I hear ya about not needing to be fancy. The air bleeder on my old sausage-maker stuffer was just a bolt and a flat washer. I don't even think there was a spring involved.

I have feelers out for any locals that might want to try to build one with a 3D printer. I would turn one on my lathe from HDPE cutting board material but the raw material is minimum $40 and one f-up would be expensive.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help! I tried to cobble something since I was in the middle of 47# sausage batch. Sacrificed one of our kitchen cutting boards for it. Got a little further but still ended up putting about 20# of grind in the freezer until I get this fixed. Never done that before. Hopefully it will turn out down the line when I go to stuff it.

Reactions: boykjo
In the process of looking for parts for my 11lb cabela's unit, I found that they are weston. My unit is stamped "pragotrade" on the bottom. Pragotrade's name changed to weston in 2010. Hopefully this will help the next guy googling it.

I think you can still buy the O-ring....or at least I saw a lot of them while looking for plunger head. I didn't drill down to make sure it's the right one. I hear ya about not needing to be fancy. The air bleeder on my old sausage-maker stuffer was just a bolt and a flat washer. I don't even think there was a spring involved.

I have feelers out for any locals that might want to try to build one with a 3D printer. I would turn one on my lathe from HDPE cutting board material but the raw material is minimum $40 and one f-up would be expensive.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help! I tried to cobble something since I was in the middle of 47# sausage batch. Sacrificed one of our kitchen cutting boards for it. Got a little further but still ended up putting about 20# of grind in the freezer until I get this fixed. Never done that before. Hopefully it will turn out down the line when I go to stuff it.
Hi John would you be interested in selling the longer of the two shafts...I need one for my 30lb stuffer

I have an older Cabellas sausage stuffer - I thought it was 25 pounds but could be 20 - it does NOT have the spring on the top. I too need to find parts. Right now I am using a smaller 11 pound Sportsman's model but I would really like to resume using my bigger stuffer with the motor.

I've had the Cabelas 20 pound motorized stuffer for 12-13 years now. You can try Westons tho they stopped making parts for the 20 some years back, I've just been scooping off the meat as I go and save what's left, the overflow, to use as bulk. I tried getting parts for mine some years back, it was a no go. Gook luck.

I have been searching for a stuffer motor for my Cabelas sausage stuffer for quite some time. I have called Cabelas and spoken with them and they gave me nothing. Today, I tried again and spoke with a person who put me on hold while he called “product”. After about ten minutes, he came back on the line and said that Cabelas is working to get a universal unit with more horsepower built but they do not know when it will happen. In the meantime, to told me to call Blue Sky. I searched for their website and discovered that they are the ones building this equipment for Cabelas. Look at the pictures for their warranty https://www.blueskyigwarranty.com/. I will call them tomorrow and expect that I will have a motor soon.

Contact us via eMail [email protected] or phone 855-939-7263 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm EST

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky