• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cabela’s MES 30

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
From the outside, it looks like a Gen #1.

The only other thing it could be is a Hybrid with the Gen #1 outside & the Gen #2.5 inside.

Either way it's a Great Smoker, for an MES 30.

Bear

Central PA Cowboy

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 10, 2017
tktplz tktplz is correct. Ordered this Tuesday and got it by Thursday. Pre-seasoned it this morning. Hoping to use it tomorrow to smoke a Boston Butt.

rextoba

Joined Jun 3, 2012
I'm in Canada and just got one at Cabelas here. I wish the price was the same but none the less, I'm impressed so far! Here's a pic of the inside of mine. It was $199 here. Reg. $349

Attachments

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I'm in Canada and just got one at Cabelas here. I wish the price was the same but none the less, I'm impressed so far! Here's a pic of the inside of mine. It was $199 here. Reg. $349
Yup, that's the Gen #2.5 interior.
It must be the Hybrid I mentioned above, because it's hinged right.

Bear

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Here's a couple more shots. Next shot will be food!

Now that I can see the outside & the inside, I can confirm that it is a Hybrid:
It has the Gen #1 exterior, with the Gen #1 control box, and hinged right like Gen #1 units.
But it has the Gen #2.5 interior, including the Gen #2.5 Chip Burner & the Split level Water Pan.

Bear

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Bearcarver Bearcarver

Is that a heat deflector that is in these models?

Thanks,
Derek
Not sure what you mean by "Heat deflector".
If you're talking about that thing above the chip burner, that's more of a High Heat protector.

This model, though the top vent is on the wrong side, shouldn't need a heat deflector, due to it's narrow width, compared to the MES 40.

Bear

Central PA Cowboy

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 10, 2017
Not sure what you mean by "Heat deflector".
If you're talking about that thing above the chip burner, that's more of a High Heat protector.

This model, though the top vent is on the wrong side, shouldn't need a heat deflector, due to it's narrow width, compared to the MES 40.

Bear
That's exactly what I was referring to. Thanks again!

rextoba

Joined Jun 3, 2012
First smoke using something other than charcoal. New MES 30. Spatched last night and set in the fridge overnight seasoned with a roasted pepper and garlic blend and set @ 275 for about 2 1/2 hours, pulled at 156 and crisped up in the oven @ 375 until it hit 168. Waiting for the Jets hockey game to wrap up to dig in.

Attachments

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks Real Nice Rex!!! :)

Bet it will be Great !!

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.