Supllueer Smoke Generator

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

conradjw

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 27, 2019
Folks,

• I currently own a Smokin-It #3 electric smoker (Analog)
  • I purchased the Auber PID for it to accurate temperature results.
  • I am trying to smoke things like cheese, sausage and etc at low temperatures.
  • I am finding that the unit does get hot enough to produce smoke at these low settings.
  • So, I decided to add a smoke generator to the mix.
  • I have built my own venturi type, but I notice I run into moisture and creosote problems.
  • So, I saw these smoke generators on Amazon and e-bay below.
  • I see a lot of different names for the same unit which I listed below, and I think these are all from China.
  • But I do like the feature of the second chamber which collect the moisture and creosote be for it get into the smoke chamber.
  • Has anyone had any experience with this unit?
  • I am just looking for feedback on anyone’s thoughts.

Supllueer

Hottoby

Zootopo

Minneer

Marada

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...3.m570.l1313&_nkw=smoke+gernerators+&_sacat=0
1709049644721.png

Have you tried using either a tray or pellet tube for smoke? I use a tray filled with sawdust to smoke cheese.

Have you tried using either a tray or pellet tube for smoke? I use a tray filled with sawdust to smoke cheese.
Yes, I have one but
Yes, I have but it doesn't seem to perform well in my Smokin-It smoker. They are air tight and only have a 3/4" hole at the top. I don't think it gets enough draft to stay lite. I am told they can be adjusted by making holes in the cabinet to get more air in the chamber. But I don't want to customize the cabinet.

Reactions: zwiller
I have one, works great in the snoopy smoker. Get a bigger pump tho

I have the smoke-it also. Yes the airflow is too low and it most likely will never work for cold smoking. I would try to find another "box" of some type to use. Myself I made a cold smoker out of an old whisky barrel sat on the end and sliced it for a lid a lot of years ago. I posted some stuff here a long time ago. Anything that will contain the smoke for it to flow over your racks but would still maintain enough airflow to keep your smoke source lit would work without heat. I have even seen people use a cardboard box, but I would not recommend it other than just a trial. A standard Charcoal BBQ with a smoke generator and cheese on the racks should work for example.

I appreciate everyone's input and ideas to help me with my dilemma. Bu what does everyone think about this smoke generator?

1709067803670.png

For that much $ I'd try cracking the door open and use a tray first. As also mentioned any type of box/container will work as a cold smoker. I use my Weber Kettle, Gas grill and also GMG pellet with only a tray for smoke.

Reactions: 801driver
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky