Cabela’s MES 30

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
From the outside, it looks like a Gen #1.

The only other thing it could be is a Hybrid with the Gen #1 outside & the Gen #2.5 inside.

Either way it's a Great Smoker, for an MES 30.

Bear

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
I'm in Canada and just got one at Cabelas here. I wish the price was the same but none the less, I'm impressed so far! Here's a pic of the inside of mine. It was $199 here. Reg. $349

Attachments

• MES 30.jpg
    MES 30.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 72
Here's a couple more shots. Next shot will be food!

Now that I can see the outside & the inside, I can confirm that it is a Hybrid:
It has the Gen #1 exterior, with the Gen #1 control box, and hinged right like Gen #1 units.
But it has the Gen #2.5 interior, including the Gen #2.5 Chip Burner & the Split level Water Pan.

Bear

Bearcarver Bearcarver

Is that a heat deflector that is in these models?

Thanks,
Derek

Not sure what you mean by "Heat deflector".
If you're talking about that thing above the chip burner, that's more of a High Heat protector.

This model, though the top vent is on the wrong side, shouldn't need a heat deflector, due to it's narrow width, compared to the MES 40.

Bear

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Not sure what you mean by "Heat deflector".
If you're talking about that thing above the chip burner, that's more of a High Heat protector.

This model, though the top vent is on the wrong side, shouldn't need a heat deflector, due to it's narrow width, compared to the MES 40.

Bear

That's exactly what I was referring to. Thanks again!

First smoke using something other than charcoal. New MES 30. Spatched last night and set in the fridge overnight seasoned with a roasted pepper and garlic blend and set @ 275 for about 2 1/2 hours, pulled at 156 and crisped up in the oven @ 375 until it hit 168. Waiting for the Jets hockey game to wrap up to dig in.

Attachments

• First MES smoke.jpg
    First MES smoke.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 52
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky