Burnt Ends Teaser

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Picked up three 3#+ Chuck Roasts and prepped them for tomorrow, going to do Burnt Ends.

Rub
1.5C Brown Sugar
1C Seasoned salt
3/4C Paprika
.5C Cajun seasoning
2T Garlic powder

Make numerous slits about half way through, in one side of roasts
Rub each side with heaping T of rub
Place in pan slits up, with approx 3/4-1C Worcestershire sauce per roast, then drivel with another .5C being careful not to wash rub off.
You want the Worcestershire to get into the slits with some rub.
Marinate in refrigerator for 8-12hrs.

Tomorrow I will fire up the smoker with a mix of Hickory & Pecan.
Cooking temp will be 225'-240' till they hit about 190'.
Then I'll remove, rest, and then cube.
Add more rub and plenty of SBR S&S
Back into the smoker for a few hours until they glaze over really well and are melt in your mouth tender.

More pics to come... I guarantee it. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Reactions: meatstick
Guess I am not late to this party

Richie

beercheer.gif

I'll definitely try a chuck now.  I'm just learning, so I'd much rather mess up a chuck roast than an expensive brisket.  Always learning something great on here

Looks great! I like using chuck to make burnt ends. Unfortunately at $8.99-$12.99 per pound it's too expensive here. So we have to use the crappy brisket @ $2.64 per pound instead...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky