Burgers 2 Ways - Some Flattop Work

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just awesome start to finish! Love a good thick burger so 3/4 lbs is the ticket. Caramelized onion, bacon and cheese is my favorite toppings for a burger. Nailed it!

Thanks Jeff! Sounds like we're cut from the same cloth, tho I know you are a far more creative cook than I could ever envision being. Thanks for the Like Jeff, I appreciate it. RAY

Holy Cow Ray!!! Them there are some good looking burgers. Point for sure Chris

Thanks Chris! The flattop opened up a whole new dimension on burgers for me, I could darned near live on 'em. Well, them and pizza anyway. Thanks for the Like Chris, much appreciated. RAY

Outstanding !!!

Thanks Mike, and thank you for the Like, mucho appreciendo, HA! RAY

Damn nice burger Ray! I wouldn’t want a salad on top of mine with that kind of meat on it. Very nice!

Thank you Joe! Salad is what you get when the doctor says you can't eat burgers or pizza anymore. If one goes to see the doctor often enough they'll sure as hell find something wrong and tell you to stop doing things the way you always have. Moral of the story: keep doing what's kept you alive this long, it's not if, it's when, nobody gets out alive. Thank you for the Like my friend, I do appreciate it. RAY

Wow! That looks amazing! A lot of work for an amazing payoff, and baking your own buns? That is definitely a different level !

Thank you so much, and for the Like, I do appreciate it. Success or fail, the work we put into making our food is always worth the time and effort. There's always something new to learn, what could be more important than that? Not much. RAY

Very nice work RAY!

Thank you, loving what I do makes it not like work, more like fun! Next up is chicken Italian sausage, my wife's favorite, that's work! RAY

Wow Ray . Right from start to finish, great looking burgers ( LOADED BURGERS YES ) :emoji_yum::emoji_yum: David

Thanks David! Now I'm all set up for winter, like a grizzly bear ready to hibernate! Thanks for the Like David, I appreciate it. RAY

Holy cow Ray!! Looks absolutely amazing. I cannot let Tracy see this or I know what we'll be having for dinner this evening :emoji_wink: Outstanding work my friend and keep those burger posts coming. I love seeing them. I like a good burger but not to the extent that you (and Tracy) do so it's hard for me to put that sort of effort into them. I sure enjoy seeing the ones you cook though.

Robert

Reactions: sawhorseray
Wow Ray, nice thread… You knocked that one out of the park! That is a phenomenal looking burger my friend! Thanks for the hipshot recipe!

BTW, kinda envious of your baking skills!

Holy cow Ray!! Looks absolutely amazing. I cannot let Tracy see this or I know what we'll be having for dinner this evening :emoji_wink: Outstanding work my friend and keep those burger posts coming. I love seeing them. I like a good burger but not to the extent that you (and Tracy) do so it's hard for me to put that sort of effort into them. I sure enjoy seeing the ones you cook though. Robert

Thank you Robert! When you get out this way I'll most certainly fire up the flattop, sounds like Tracy loves a good burger as much as I do. decided last night to wrap this thread up with another, Canadian bacon and a fried egg, saw it on TV so had to give it a shot. That about reached the limit of my culinary creativity, now I see no reason for the egg. Thank you for the Like my friend, much appreciated! RAY
DSCN3391.JPG
DSCN3393.JPG

Hat off to ya Ray, that looks fantastic!

Thanks Jim! One of the nicest aspect of living in the dessert is cooking outside all year long, love it! Thanks for the Like Jim, I do appreciate it. RAY

Wow Ray, nice thread… You knocked that one out of the park! That is a phenomenal looking burger my friend! Thanks for the hipshot recipe! BTW, kinda envious of your baking skills!

Thanks Justin! Hipshots provide a whole different flavor profile to a burger. My wife loves them off the Weber, won't touch a brisket burger off the flattop, go figure. Buns and strawberry pie are the only things I've ever tried to bake, might be time for another pie! Thanks for the like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Nice job Ray! That burger looks fantastic! Al

Thanks Al! It's taking a bit more to polish one off these days, but I'm hanging tough and getting the job done. Thanks for the Like Al, much appreciated. RAY

You really know how to do those burgers Ray! Huge like!

Thanks Steve! After a couple nights of these I'm about ready for a break, give the flattop a little rest, check out Freezermart. Thanks for the like Steve, I do appreciate it. RAY

OMG Ray! you even make your own buns? What an insane burger. I would line up to have one of those (OK, more than one).

Thx for sharing

Med/Rare American Cheese, Bacon and Fried Onions, that's how I like my Burgers. Looks great...JJ

Damn Ray! Sorry I am late to the party but you nailed that flat top brisket burger. Gotta try to hipshots one of these days too. Looks to me like you got it down pat. Nice work my friend!

Wow.... I could eat those burgers everday! As to the Rolling Rock, I swear they don't taste the same since they stopped using the glass lined tanks of Latrobe and started brewing it in Jersey. Haven't had one since.

Looks great. Congrats on the rotator ride, how do provide fuel to the blackstone? Green bottle or 20 pounder

OMG Ray! you even make your own buns? What an insane burger. I would line up to have one of those (OK, more than one). Thx for sharing

Thanks Clifish! I got tired of buying buns that fall apart halfway thru the burger and were never the right size. Like just about everything, if you want it done right do it yourself. Thanks for the Like, I do appreciate it! RAY

Med/Rare American Cheese, Bacon and Fried Onions, that's how I like my Burgers. Looks great...JJ

Thanks Chef! I thrilled to see you up and back, hope you're feeling better. Thanks for the Like Chef, I do appreciate it! RAY

Damn Ray! Sorry I am late to the party but you nailed that flat top brisket burger. Gotta try to hipshots one of these days too. Looks to me like you got it down pat. Nice work my friend!

Thanks John! The hipshot recipe was given to me about 16 years ago my my meat smoking and sausage making mentor Barry Byner, aka Chuckwagon. He's not around anymore but the recipes he gave me go on. Thanks for the Like amigo, I do appreciate it! RAY

Wow.... I could eat those burgers everday! As to the Rolling Rock, I swear they don't taste the same since they stopped using the glass lined tanks of Latrobe and started brewing it in Jersey. Haven't had one since.

Thanks Mr Whipple! I never knew they had moved, but it's been the house brew for around 30 years now. Thanks for the Like and don't worry, I won't squeeze the Charmin! RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky