Building new 80 gallon reverse flow…need suggestions on wheels?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RastaPasta

Original poster
Apr 4, 2022
Just finished day 2 of my scrap yard reverse flow smoker build with my brother, using this 80 gallon air compressor tank. She’s heavy! Fire box is 19”x19”x19” of 1/8” steel, tank is 80 gallons of what looks like 1/16” steel.

We are about ready to get the legs welded on, but don’t know how long to make em until I get some wheels picked out. Most heavy weight capacity casters I’m seeing at stores locally don’t have locks, and the ones that do on Amazon seem suspect, so I’m kinda not sure what to do.

I’m hoping some of you folks have some caster setups you’ve used for big heavy smokers that you could recommend. She won’t be moving around much, will live on my concrete patio for the most part, but there’s a bit of grass she’ll have to traverse to get there.
AD0AFB46-1063-4914-9D20-AC0C6C41361F.jpeg

Reactions: Ringer
mcmaster.com

These guys make some nice wheels if you are worried about the ones on Amazon. I have some of their’s on a 2500lb smoker....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky