Buela is a hit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

short one

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 9, 2007
Northwest Missouri
My son called me last Tuesday and asked to borrow Beula for a cook at a friend of his. Picked her up Fri. evening and had the friend with him. I explained the use of everything on Beula and the way to cook pork. Come to find out my son just got him started Sat. morning and had to leave, leaving a complete NEWBIE at the controls. To make a long story short, he listened when I was talking and everything came out great. Said the pulled pork was great, and when he brought Beula home she had been washed out and he is looking for material to make a clone of my smoker. Sounds like he's hooked after just one smoke. I also told him about SMF, guess we will have to wait and see if he is hooked good enough to reel in. Enough rambling, thought I would share this experience.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Super smoker to get someone hooked on. But what's he gonna upgrade to????

BTW, How did the boss' smoker come out?

Pig, haven't had time to get started, too busy. He's going to use Beula, and work on his when harvest is over. Got a truck in the shop now with trany and clutch problems. Got to go to Omaha in a couple days to pick up new trany. Never a dull moment. When I get it out something else will probably take its place.

Reel him in Steve!!!...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
...We ALWAYS need some new blood here!!...

Ain't it nice when the youngsters really LISTEN to us older pharts!!...
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Until later...

When son first called and wanted to know about smoking a whole hog, I asked if it was broke down and he said yes, 2 shoulders and 2 hams. Told him to have them cut into around 8 lb. roasts if he didn't want a 30 hr. cook. That got their attention. On at around 4:45 a.m. and off and in coolers around 4:00 P.M. Not bad even for a newbie.

Mike, Buela has did a lot of pork this summer and things get pretty thick in the bottom if you don't use a pressure washer on the inside bottom of the barrel. Would rather be save than sorry.

Well, yeah, a big ol' grease fire would be exciting. Might have to call the Far Dept. Wait!.......... You ARE the Far Dept.!
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

You could sear some brisket though.
PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif

Searing a brisket is in the plans for our next campout with my old guard buddies. Beula usually ends up running for a good 12+hrs when we get together. Planning on 4 butts, a packer, some ribs, a loin or 2, pigcandy and of coarse some fatties on Oct 12th if everything works out.

Congrats Shortone on bringing in a son !!! I have a 19 and 17 year old and would love for them to show interest. You have yours going in the proper direction......

Congrats Shortone... I was not all that successful in getting my kids to listen when they were younger... now they're parents and are getting a REAL GOOD taste of what they put me through!

Heheheheh!
icon_mrgreen.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky