Should I talk to the Home Depot manager ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good or bad decision this will continue until someone reports it. How many register people today can even count change back to you. They depend on the register to even tell them how much change you get. The 3r's are not taught today this problem could come down to improper training or improper education.

Warren

My honest opinion. I think it was intentional. How I know that ? I don't, but it just had the feel of not being an oversight. The items on the counter, the attitude of the clerk....... it just felt wrong.

It was in the garden center and I'm sure their inventory is going to show a lot of shrinkage.

Last edited:
From WSJ Editorial Board .......... maybe employees giving product away is problem , also.

Retailers ‘Shrink’ From Plain Talk About Theft​

The industry euphemism for theft disguises the rising cost of crime.​

https://www.wsj.com/articles/retail...3nus9axv79n&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

Foot Locker executives likewise noted on Wednesday that inventory “shrink” has been increasing. Target CEO Brian Cornell last week said that “shrink” remained “well above the sustainable level where we expect to operate over time,” and that the company was facing “an unacceptable amount of retail theft and organized retail crime.”
Home Depot
execs last week also flagged “pressure from shrink” on earnings. As did
Walmart
execs. “Shrink has increased a bit this year. It increased last year,” its CFO noted, adding that “shrink” was “uneven” across the country. “There needs to be action taken to help protect people from crime, including theft,” said CEO Doug McMillon.

Got a project going in the back yard and I made three trips to Home Depot over Monday and Tuesday.

Monday morning, I got checked out by this fella and he missed a bottle of chain saw oil. I asked him if he got that in my total. He looked and said no.

Did not think a thing about that.

But I was there that afternoon and this young girl checked me out for some paver stones. I did not look at the price of the stones but I thought the total was cheap. I got home looked on the internet and I got them for half price.

I went back yesterday morning. Same fella was there from previous day. Again , he missed an item that reduced by bill by a half. Again, I pointed it out to him and he corrected.

I checked out at the lawn and garden all three times. Is this a coincidence or are these two employees intentionally letting product go out the door, for whatever reason ?

I've thought about calling the manager and bringing it to his attention. At the very least, these employees are not competent. Should I call him or mind my own business ?
I saw a movie once where a couple of yout's accidentally took a can of tuna fish without paying for it. (just kidding)
I admire your concern. I have gone back trough before when an item was missed on the scan.
Iikewise, when i get one of those middle of the aisle specials, i take a picture of the sale sign in case there's a disagreement while checking out.
Unless you see a recurring thing, I'd move on.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky