Broken leg....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

inkjunkie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Nov 25, 2014
Daisy, one of our Pitbulls broke 2 bones in her leg.... Have no clue,how this happened.
Vet told us that because she is only 7 months old, and still growing, she should heal well...providing we keep her calm. Sent us home with doggy downers. Have to go back Monday to have her adjust the splint...poor girl...

Woke up this morning to her chewing on the wrap. Wife tied some fabric to it to put it back together. We should have sprayed it with Bitter Apple when we went to bed.

Sorry to hear about Daisy, she will bounce back pretty quick. 

Gary

Had a saint Bernard dog with broken front leg, wanted to chew on cast wrap too, I put a long tube Sox over top and taped it on, gave the dog something else to chew on first. Changed Sox as necessary.

Had a saint Bernard dog with broken front leg, wanted to chew on cast wrap too, I put a long tube Sox over top and taped it on, gave the dog something else to chew on first. Changed Sox as necessary.
Now ^^THIS^^ is a great idea. Thank you.

Sent Kristen, our vet, a picture earlier. Ernie is going to take her to the vet tomorrow. Kristen said it appears that the swelling has gone down, wants to rewrap it tomorrow

Daisy, one of our Pitbulls broke 2 bones in her leg.... Have no clue,how this happened.
Vet told us that because she is only 7 months old, and still growing, she should heal well...providing we keep her calm. Sent us home with doggy downers. Have to go back Monday to have her adjust the splint...poor girl...
That's real bad luck for Daisy, but at that age she'll heal fairly quickly.  She's really styling with that pink wrap--pretty fancy.  Just one question.  How do you keep a pup calm????  Aside from trankin her up.

Gary

She was jumping around today when the wife got home from her board meeting for her quilting group. She must have landed on it wrong.....Daisy let out a very disturbing cry...

Inkjunkie

It is always heart breaking when a pet gets hurt or sick.

I wish Daisy a speedy recovery and that she gets back on all four paws real soon.

She looks like she is a real sweet dog.

Smokin Sid

Good luck, when our youngest pup was 7 most he had a shoulder injury. Keep him quite and still for 6 weeks the vet said. Yeah that lasted about an hour.

That was a long 6 weeks.
I know what you mean.  When Roxy was pretty young, she had to have knee surgery to reattach the tendon.  Our vet told us the same thing--no running around.  Believe me, that was a killer.

Gary

Inkjunkie

It is always heart breaking when a pet gets hurt or sick.
I wish Daisy a speedy recovery and that she gets back on all four paws real soon.
She looks like she is a real sweet dog.

Smokin Sid
Thank You. Daisy will be going for,a check up tomorrow. Her splint/cast is all sorts of wrecked. She has been doing really good about not chewing on it. Luckily Daisy really enjoys sleeping in front of the pellet stove. Ernie gives her some doggy dope and Daisy passes out on the bed in front of the stove....

Man that's a rough one, hope she heals well and quickly!

Here's some heart felt sympathy from my pup to yours!
icon_neutral.gif
(St. Bernard eyes pull that look of soooo well, lol)

Man that's a rough one, hope she heals well and quickly!

Here's some heart felt sympathy from my pup to yours! :icon_neutral: (St. Bernard eyes pull that look of soooo well, lol)

How big is your pooch?

Daisy is driving my wife nuts. Is following her everywhere. Chewed the splint the other day. Doggy dope not having much effect on her anymore. If she makes it til Thursday Kris mentioned doing an X-ray to see how it ishould healing....

How big is your pooch?

Daisy is driving my wife nuts. Is following her everywhere. Chewed the splint the other day. Doggy dope not having much effect on her anymore. If she makes it til Thursday Kris mentioned doing an X-ray to see how it ishould healing....
Chloe will be three at the end of April, and she currently weighs 116 lbs. She's on the small side for a St. Bernard, so we jokingly call her a "Teacup St. Bernard"... lol

I don't know if you have tried a cone of shame yet, but it might help with the chewing on the splint - or at the very least provide some good comic relief!
biggrin.gif

We have a Lab/Dane mix as well and when he got bloat we had to put a cone on him, poor guy looked like he could pick up broadcast TV from India with that thing on his head. But it did keep him from messing with his stitches.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky