• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Brisket success finally

SmokingUPnorth

Smoking UPNorth
Joined Dec 7, 2017
after my last brisket no flavor failure on my Traeger and a big disappointment. I did some reading and got some pointers from numerous people in the forum. So this time, started at 4:30am. I filled the Traeger with highly recommend Lumberjack 100% hickory, along with a AMNPS tray loaded with lumberjack pellets also. Rubbed the brisket down with some hardcore which is all I’ve been using on beef lately. Put it on at 200* for about an hour and a half, then turned it up to 225* till it stalled at 155*. Then I wrapped it until it hit an IT of 195, let it rest for a coup hours and we dug in. I loved it so did the kids who are usually picky eaters. Thanks to everyone who gave me tips from my last failed brisket

Attachments

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Congrats!! Those briskets can be tricky.

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Looks like you nailed it. Good job!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks like you really killed it this time.
It looks juicy, tender, & delicious!
Al

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Nice looking brisket. Congrats!!!

Point for sure
Chris

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks Mighty Tasty from the Bear's Den!!
Nice Job!!
Like.

Bear

indaswamp

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
Congrats on your success! Glad you figured out some new tricks on cooking a brisket. Looks real good!

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Congrats on the brisket. Looks darn good.

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 17, 2013
Nice job. When you can please kids that are picky eaters you know you are doing good.

dj mishima

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 8, 2011
Looks good to me!

I do have a question though. I have only used a cheapo brinkmann and an mes30(with amnps) to smoke my stuff so far.

I thought the point of a pellet smoker like a Traeger was that it automatically fed pellets to smoke in the heating element. Why the extra use of the amnps?

civilsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 27, 2015
Looks good to me!

I do have a question though. I have only used a cheapo brinkmann and an mes30(with amnps) to smoke my stuff so far.

I thought the point of a pellet smoker like a Traeger was that it automatically fed pellets to smoke in the heating element. Why the extra use of the amnps?
Pellet smokers are very clean burning so very light smoke flavor enhancement. Many people add extra, it all comes do to the flavor profile you want.

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
looks good man! Always feels great to have a win!

SmokingUPnorth

Smoking UPNorth
Joined Dec 7, 2017
Looks good to me!

I found out (on this sight) the pellet smokers don’t produce much smoke the hotter temp they are set at. My last one I found that out there hard way. So this time I started smoking it at 185* for about an hour then bumped it up to 225* for the rest of the smoke. Like someone said the youdon’t get much smoke flavor from them like I did in my old MES. Which is why I used the AMNPS. I loaded it with lumberjack pellets and used Traeger pellets for the smoker bc I’ve been reading about not getting much flavor from the Traeger pellets an read pretty good reviews on here about the lumberjack pellets (100% hickory). And had great results.

tag0401

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 5, 2018
This looks good. I am going to have to check out that rub!!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.