Brisket in the outhouse (Q-VIEW)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That brisket looks good from here Travis  
drool.gif
icon14.gif

Thanks for the Qview
Love it!  Perhaps I missed it in the thread but how big was the brisket?  I'm thinking of doing one up similar to this on the weekend and I'm wondering how big I should go?

Also love the taters'n'corn, been thinking of different combos to do up but this one sounds the most appealing to me so far!
Thanks Guys!  Im going to do another this weekend I think. Im going to play with the "BE" (burnt ends) like everyone else. those look really good. I didnt get a weight on the brisket. it was good size. I dont know how big you should go. I just went to the butcher and asked for a brisket, Thats what he gave me.  Tatrer's and corn, Always a fav around here.  Love that smokey flavor. Even better on the next day.  Good luck with your brisket. post up those pics!   

That looks great traval! I am doing my first ever brisket this weekend. Just seasoned it up and wrapped, excited. Hope it turns out as well as yours did, my wife has already said don't dry it out. lol. A friend of mine did his first ever brisket and it was a little dry, so I'm going to try to avoid that.

Thanks Chubbabubba, This was only my second one ever. Im sure your Brisket will turn out great. Post up some pics. I love seeing other peoples food and smokers. Let us know how it comes out.

Travis

Great job on the brisket!  Some people would rather 'pull' the brisket, but you have to let it cook until a minimum of 195°, 205° is best - that breaks down the fats and connective tissue, then it just shreds apart with a couple forks, or you can purchase 'bear claws' to shred it faster.  Then, you pile it on a roll, add some of your favorite bbq sauce or 'finishing' sauce and enjoy a pulled briskie sammy!  Same way as you do pork.

Smoke ring is harder to obtain on an electric unit as it does not add the gasses from propane flame or charcoal that emits nitrates into the air and 'cure' the top layer of the meat.  

Love it!  Perhaps I missed it in the thread but how big was the brisket?  I'm thinking of doing one up similar to this on the weekend and I'm wondering how big I should go?

Also love the taters'n'corn, been thinking of different combos to do up but this one sounds the most appealing to me so far!
I have done 15 pounders before. But I kind of cheat a bit. I only smoke it for 6 hours or so, then put it in the oven at 225 for the next 12 hours. That way I don't have to baby sit the smoker/grill. I try to baste it every hour as possible. My family gobbles them down so they must be good!

The brisket looks great but I'd be afraid of gettin' some funny flavors from the pine outhouse.  I'm no expert by any means but they say not to use pine for smoking.  I'm just sayin...

It looks good though!  Great job!

Cheers!

beercheer.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky