Brisket Egg Rolls

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 3, 2015
Alexandria, VA
Last weekend we had a good get together with friends. My intent was to capture it, but time got the best of me and 15# Prime Packer went well. Definitely not my best, but Leftovers were a little zip lock sandwich bag so they enjoyed it!
831642D6-B4F5-452B-A661-F8A2C4BC6581.jpeg

For the bits of leftovers I decided to try a brisket egg role I’ve been wanting to have a go at.! Heated wagyu tallow in a medium heat pan and after it warmed a bit put a tablespoon of coffee jalapeño bbq sauce in the mix. Didn’t want to cook the brisket, only warm and coat with the tasty tallow and tiny bit of sauce to give some heat and additional spice.
7DEE41E9-D9F1-496F-8931-311979F5E286.jpeg

48869A5B-0309-4FE6-8168-882F8F25EF63.jpeg

Sliced some smoked Gouda and randomly decided to throw some velveeta on one too.
EBAA7D03-91A6-4421-AFE0-7EE37AED3C52.jpeg

Then a bit of meat into the wrap, followed by some cheese, topped with some kaleslaw I mixed up with rice wine vinegar, celery seed, mayo, and sugar. Followed by ugly wrap job…
3545BF24-D4A8-4EE3-9BCD-6FD7E908860F.jpeg
A83412CE-737F-4FBD-912C-3A81C24D455F.jpeg
D8D26E01-9537-439D-BFA5-0B972C3AF2DF.jpeg

Into an ninja air-fryer at 400 for 8 minutes
51B074B1-041B-45F1-8C00-BD2E722D5F3B.jpeg

They came out looking decent for leftover night and my first roll like this!
B599DC16-7D54-47E9-8FED-94FEA0AAFE8D.jpeg

Maitake mushrooms leftover from the diner night (we ate 3 pounds that night!), cooked nicely in butter with tablespoon of maple syrup!
84DF08E0-AB36-4F93-8953-082BC61D236F.jpeg

Plated, topped with Maple Butter Maitake mushrooms. Used the coffee jalapeño bbq sauce for dip, but wasn’t really needed!
C7005507-6E89-429E-9A65-76CD557EB8DD.jpeg

FAF37CC2-E1A0-4A2A-92A3-2F861D52F80C.jpeg

788BBEA2-382F-4154-A761-3ABF2F75B789.jpeg

These tasted great! Wish I wouldn’t have let the velveeta idea pop in, the smoked Gouda was perfect. The maple maitake on top was good eaten together, but I ended up eating it separate after a few bites. Maitake tastes awesome on its own and didn’t do anything special to the brisket egg roll. The brisket heated up in that extra tallow was incredible and would have been enough, but this was a blast and something new to try!

Thanks for your time!

Last edited:
This is what leftovers is all about! Nice work using them up in a great way! Big like!

Reactions: bauchjw
Oh man those look delicious! And that bbq sauce sounds great! Nailed it
Thank you F&B! It it was a free bottle, I was given to try and give feedback on. I was wary at first, but it has some great flavor and we’ve been using it a lot for chicken. Here’s the sauce if you’re interested. I think it’s local here in Virginia, but they may have a way to order online.
E9F82974-CDAB-4599-A07D-FEA5FE150E97.jpeg

Man that looks delicious and a beautiful job playing that. Hope to see this on the spinner. Heck of a nice job bud!
Thank you Jake! It was a lot of fun to do snd eat!

Looks nice and tasty! I recently made egg rolls with shrimps and now got to try to make it your way.... Like!
Thank you! Now that I’ve tried wrapping egg rolls for the first time I’ll have to try your way with shrimp too!

This is what leftovers is all about! Nice work using them up in a great way! Big like!
Thank you! Leftovers can be a lot of fun, especially brisket!!!

That looks delicious and made leftovers
the star !
Keith
Thank you Kieth! I had a few less drinks snd distractions to make the egg role look prettier!

Last weekend we had a good get together with friends. My intent was to capture it, but time got the best of me and 15# Prime Packer went well. Definitely not my best, but Leftovers were a little zip lock sandwich bag so they enjoyed it!
View attachment 525329
For the bits of leftovers I decided to try a brisket egg role I’ve been wanting to have a go at.! Heated wagyu tallow in a medium heat pan and after it warmed a bit put a tablespoon of coffee jalapeño bbq sauce in the mix. Didn’t want to cook the brisket, only warm and coat with the tasty tallow and tiny bit of sauce to give some heat and additional spice.
View attachment 525327
View attachment 525328
Sliced some smoked Gouda and randomly decided to throw some velveeta on one too.
View attachment 525332
Then a bit of meat into the wrap, followed by some cheese, topped with some kaleslaw I mixed up with rice wine vinegar, celery seed, mayo, and sugar. Followed by ugly wrap job…
View attachment 525333View attachment 525336View attachment 525334
Into an ninja air-fryer at 400 for 8 minutes
View attachment 525335
They came out looking decent for leftover night and my first roll like this!
View attachment 525337
Maitake mushrooms leftover from the diner night (we ate 3 pounds that night!), cooked nicely in butter with tablespoon of maple syrup!
View attachment 525338
Plated, topped with Maple Butter Maitake mushrooms. Used the coffee jalapeño bbq sauce for dip, but wasn’t really needed!
View attachment 525341
View attachment 525339
View attachment 525340
These tasted great! Wish I wouldn’t have let the velveeta idea pop in, the smoked Gouda was perfect. The maple maitake on top was good eaten together, but I ended up eating it separate after a few bites. Maitake tastes awesome on its own and didn’t do anything special to the brisket egg roll. The brisket heated up in that extra tallow was incredible and would have been enough, but this was a blast and something new to try!

Thanks for your time!
Great use for "bits" after a good cook.

Those look great Jed! And I agree, some nice plating! Bet you could cook those on a Blackstone! :emoji_laughing: I'm sorry...but I just had to!

Ryan

These brisket egg rolls look pretty damn delicious and it’s always a good thing when you enjoy the leftovers a lot more! I could definitely go for a few of those egg rolls right now.

Looks great Jed
Leftovers are just another meal waiting to be born, well done,
We make lots of different egg rolls , and freeze lots , to snack on whenever
David
Thank you David! I may need an instructional on rolling🤔 Great idea to make and freeze, I have a bunch leftover and planning on doing some PP Saturday.

Looks good , and great idea .
Thank you! It’s fun to try out new things, this forum definitely inspires creativity!

Beautiful plating and man those look great. More ideas into the data base to try.
Jim
Thank you Jim! my daughter has been getting excited about the plating pictures and has been big on helping with that lately. It’s been fun sharing the experience with her!

Definitely a great way to use leftovers.
Thank you Norman! I appreciate it!

Great use for "bits" after a good cook.
Thank you!

Those look great Jed! And I agree, some nice plating! Bet you could cook those on a Blackstone! :emoji_laughing: I'm sorry...but I just had to!
Ryan
🤣Thank you Ryan! They’d definitely do great on the blackstone! Maybe a good brisket burrito?! I’ll let you talk to my wife to give the upside!!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky