Brinkmann Trailmaster Limited Edition

Discussion in 'Charcoal Smokers' started by realtorterry, Mar 6, 2011.

1. cheese head

cheese head Newbie

whats the best way to season new btle? looked around on here but could not find anything.

2. smokeymcgee

smokeymcgee Fire Starter

I'd go buy few bottles of Pam bbq oil spray and spray down the entire unit. Especially around seams and joints and doors. Then bring the temperature as close to the 500 mark as you can and run it for 2 to 4 hours.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  3. cheese head

cheese head Newbie

ok, that's fire/coal in only the fire box correct ? paperwork that came with it sounded like they wanted me to burn in cooking chamber also and didn't really want to do  that, I must have misunderstood them, thanks a bunch.

4. smokeymcgee

smokeymcgee Fire Starter

Yup just the fire box on side. You could put coals in the main box if you wanted to use it as a bbq you do have that option but I wouldn't do it

5. cheese head

cheese head Newbie

Ok thanks, that's what I wanted to hear, have a great day!

6. You can buy the gaskets from brinkman

[/quote]

7. robhatch

robhatch Fire Starter

Dinner tonight some yardbird leg quarters, and a snack of some ABT's!

8. robhatch

robhatch Fire Starter

Time to chow down! Well at least on the chicken! The Abt's went pretty fast!

9. robhatch

robhatch Fire Starter

false

10. robhatch

robhatch Fire Starter

The chicken could have looked better but I tasted great!

11. smokeymcgee

smokeymcgee Fire Starter

Can anyone give me a sku # of product from home depot used to make a baffler for the trailmaster? Also this is the expanded metal I just ordered for pick up to make my charcoal box. Is this the right stuff? I don'tthink itis galvanized. You wouldn'tbeleive the hassleit wadto fondthis stuff. I spent 2hours at home depot looking for it so I decided to order online and let them find it for me haha .

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Crown-Bolt...n-Metal-Plain-Expanded-Sheet-45840/202183529/

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  12. smoking uk

smoking uk Newbie

Thanks to everyone who posted mods for the Brinkmann

Finished all my mods now and i'm very pleased with the results

Great Forum.[​IMG]

remmy700p likes this.
  13. cheese head

cheese head Newbie

Well i did the mods talked about on here. I did a different ext for smoke stack, my only problem is i tried to do the plate for evening out temps with 2 cookie sheets. Trimed to cover hole and sides, caulked also but my temps while curing unit were 50* off side to side. May need 1/4" thick steel?

14. cheese head

cheese head Newbie

15. cheese head

cheese head Newbie

16. cheese head

cheese head Newbie

17. cheese head

cheese head Newbie

18. cheese head

cheese head Newbie

19. I don't think your going to find a baffle for any smoker commercially at a big box store. It will have to be made. I just threw the cardboard template that I made just last week. I didn't check the radius of the lower corners of the baffle but simply used the flaps off the box that the BTLE came in and used trial and error then copied it to my metal plate.

Yes the expanded steel is what you want for the charcoal box. I got mine at home depot

20. smokeymcgee

smokeymcgee Fire Starter

Yeah whati mean is cani find the steel plates at home depot I'm looking for the sku I know I have to make it myself buti need the steel plates