1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Brinkmann sidewinder

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by Stevenfraz, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Stevenfraz

Stevenfraz Newbie

Hey folks, had anyone heard of a brinkmann sidewinder? I cant seem to find any info on it.

2. djjubbajubba

djjubbajubba Fire Starter

I’ve never heard of the sidewinder. I have a Stillwater which sounds kind of like it. Do you have a picture?

3. Stevenfraz

Stevenfraz Newbie

The person selling it to me it was called a sidewinder. After some research i found out that it is the brinkmann longhorn!!
    upload_2019-5-18_11-1-52.jpeg

4. djjubbajubba

that’s not a longhorn. The longhorn didn’t have the door skirts and it has wider sides around the door. I would say it’s a Stillwater but it looks bigger and the Stillwater doesn’t have a warming plate on the fire box. There is very little information online about this era of smokers. Maybe it is a sidewinder.

5. Stevenfraz

Stevenfraz Newbie

No it is a longhorn, the guy kept the paperwork and original receipt of $999.

6. Stevenfraz

Stevenfraz Newbie

Also he has the original manual and 2001 brinkmann catalog

7. djjubbajubba

Interesting. Maybe this is a second model of the longhorn. The original one didn’t have the door skirts, and had a wider area between the sides and the door. I would be interested in seeing that catalog.