• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rob Petersen

Original poster
May 17, 2018
Randall MN
Hi I have a boneless fresh half of pork leg that invoked out and I’m brining it for Easter. I used pops brine and it said 3-4 weeks but after re reading it, it said for whole hams, I was curious as is this is too long and if it is how long should I bribe it? I also injected it rather thoroughly.

Hi I have a boneless fresh half of pork leg that invoked out and I’m brining it for Easter. I used pops brine and it said 3-4 weeks but after re reading it, it said for whole hams, I was curious as is this is too long and if it is how long should I bribe it? I also injected it rather thoroughly.
invoked? I'm not sure what you are asking.

How thick is the cut of meat and is it a round like a cylinder, or flat?

cure will travel 1/4" a day, but since there is cure on all sides, cure is traveling 1/2" a day through the meat. So take the thickness of the meat and divide by 1/2...

An example: there are (6) 1/2 inches in a 3 inch thick cut of meat. Take that number 6 and add 2~3 days and the minimum cuing time would be 8~9 days.

The deeper the cure travels, the weaker the concentration at first. thus allow the extra time for the salt to equalize more uniformly throughout the meat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky