Brine for roast beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well I am in the keep it simple crowd.  I love mushrooms with beef so I would add some diced to the broth for me as well or sautee' them in butter and garlic and serve as a simple topping.

Mushrooms !...Thanks, Rick.  Forgot that one...My Mentor, 5' tall 60 yearold German Lady Chef, would put a few Dry Porcini in her Jus...They give up an Earthy Richness as they rehydrate...

Sauteed Mushrooms are awesome!...Since I like you guys, I'll share my SECRET Flavor kicker for 'Shrooms...Saute in Butter with Fresh Garlic, Thyme and Blk Pepper...But...Instead of Salt, Sprinkle, to taste, with one Envelope of...Washington's Rich Brown Seasoning and Broth Powder! It's a veg based flavor enhancer, There is a "Golden" version that is Killer in Mashed 'Taters!...JJ

Last edited:
Thanks jimmy for the au jus recipie... Never made it homemade... Will have to try it......... I just buy the mcCormic  powder package.... Its pretty good for instant.......

Good luck with the roast beef KB

Joe

Mushrooms !...Thanks, Rick.  Forgot that one...My Mentor, 5' tall 60 yearold German Lady Chef, would put a few Dry Porcini in her Jus...They give up an Earthy Richness as they rehydrate...

Sauteed Mushrooms are awesome!...Since I like you guys, I'll share my SECRET Flavor kicker for 'Shrooms...Saute in Butter with Fresh Garlic, Thyme and Blk Pepper...But...Instead of Salt, Sprinkle, to taste, with one Envelope of...Washington's Rich Brown Seasoning and Broth Powder! It's a veg based flavor enhancer, There is a "Golden" version that is Killer in Mashed 'Taters!...JJ

Geez Jimmy, I'm going to have to have a Chef Jimmy recipe & tip folder just to put all these great recipes & tips in. Thanks again for sharing your secrets!!!!

Chef JJ has your plan...it will do you a great meal.

It comes with the territory ,does it not JJ?           
In a short 7 months, so many of you have become...My Friends...My Brothers...And improved my Smokes by immeasurable amounts!  I would be remiss if I didn't give all I have...BACK!...Thanks to all...JJ

Love shrooms.  I have Porcini powder too, adds flavor without the texture of a dried mushroom, when that's desirable.

My sauteed mushroom recipe is:

Saute in 1/2 butter and 1/2 olive oil with crushed garlic and...

...the secret ingredient, just a touch of crushed anchovy or anchovy paste.

(Yeah I know, some folks say yech, anchovies.  As a seasoning, nobody will realize what it is, trust me.)

Then deglaze with a little red wine, I use dry Marsala.

JJ you keep this up and you'll have your own file in my computer.Thanks 
77.gif

Love shrooms.  I have Porcini powder too, adds flavor without the texture of a dried mushroom, when that's desirable.

My sauteed mushroom recipe is:

Saute in 1/2 butter and 1/2 olive oil with crushed garlic and...

...the secret ingredient, just a touch of crushed anchovy or anchovy paste.

(Yeah I know, some folks say yech, anchovies.  As a seasoning, nobody will realize what it is, trust me.)

Then deglaze with a little red wine, I use dry Marsala.
Brilliant...It's very cool how Anchovy melts and just leaves a Nutty Tasting Rich Flavor with a hint of Salt...Good Recipe!...JJ

I love reading all the different angles for puttin together a roast beef dinner.

Some times just the simplest change makes a big difference.

Tnx Chef , Bear and the rest with advise.

I is appreciated.

Karl

The dried mushoom do made it wonderful.  I like to crush to dried musshrooms or even put them through my spice grinder and add to my french onion soup.  The dried mushrooms add a delightful heartiness to the soup and roast.

I am not a big anchovy fan. Most people I know tell me they hate anchovies.

I keep a little tube of anchovy paste hidden in the back of my fridge where nobody can see it.

Judiciously adding it to the right dish gives just that right pop!  Then they don't know just what did it.  LOL

Good luck and good smoking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky