Breakfast while smoking a brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Berettaclayshooter

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 14, 2018
Elizabethtown, PA
So since last year I've been wanting to make another brisket.. ( I think toward the end of the week about it, but don't have one thawed out). This weekend I planned ahead and had it in the second fridge thawing since Wednesday. I made slacker ka-bobs on the Blackstone last night so it was already waiting to make breakfast. I has a few leftover baked from last night for home fries, scrambled a few eggs, had some bacon and some awesome seeded rye bread for toast. I also made the girls pancakes with strawberries per my youngest request. They were playing Legos while I made breakfast. Also a few pictures of the brisket coming along.

IMG_2021.JPG IMG_2022.JPG
IMG_2023.JPG
IMG_2024.JPG IMG_2025.JPG

Looks great. Also looks like your helpers approved as well.

Must be Great food, judging by the nice smiles from the Lovely Ladies!!
Nice Job Shooter!!
Like.

Bear

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone. I didn't get around to taking a picture of the finished brisket as I had a house full of hungry guests and went to slicing promptly. It was 10Lbs before I trimmed it, maybe 8.5 afterward. I had it on the smoker at 6:45am and pulled it at 2:00pm to rest. It hit 190 and I took it to 195 and probe tested, butter soft. Rested for 3 hours and then sliced it. Made baked mac and cheese and caeser salad for sides along with sliced white onions, homemade dill pickle chips, white bread and Franklin's BBQ sauce. He has it pegged as to what goes well with brisket, brisket is really rich and you need something to cut it back a bit. My old shooting buddy who is 76 and never had brisket before, got his first taste this past Sunday along with leftovers.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
it all looks great! Very nice job. Love your pic of your girls...just wondering if your buddy had as big of smile with his brisket as your youngest did with her pancake?

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky