Breakfast Section?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Problem is that then you would need a lunch, dinner, etc. section.
But maybe the Admins would consider it.
Al

To be fair I could could for such a section, if only to steal ideas.

On the other hand, it's another subforum that may not see alot of use.

Breakfast might be my favorite meal of the day. But its only on weekends that I make it, with the occasional "breakfast for dinner" night. Ok.. maybe a little more than occasionally:rolleyes:.

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
I often throw a pic or two of my Breakfast, made the following day with leftovers from the Smoke I did the day before.

You can always mention "Breakfast" in the "Subject Line" at the top.

Example: "Ribeye & Fried Taters (Breakfast)"

Bear

Don't know if it needs it's own forum but would LOVE to see what guys are doing. In fact, just got ChefJJ's pancake recipe...

Hey buddy, please save me some typing and send that back to me. I accidentally deleted the conversation and I didn't add the pancakes to my recipe file in the Test forum. Thanks...JJ

Did somebody say breakfast??

Good morning SMF!

IMG_20181013_224144.jpg

Beignets!

Here is my Quick camp beignet recipe. No yeast used, just baking powder.

4 cups AP flour
2tsps. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup veg. oil (cotton seed)
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 TBSP, honey

mix dry ingredients, then take a 1/4 measure and press down into the flour to make a bowl. Fill with oil then squeeze ~1 TBSP. honey over flour. Add warm water and bring the dough together with a rubber spatula. do not over work the dough, stir/ fold just until the dough comes together. Cover with towel and let sit for 20 minutes. Roll out 1/4 thick and cut into 2"x3" rectangles with a pizza cutter. deep fry until light golden brown. serve with either honey or powdered sugar....and a cup of cajun coffee....

enjoy!

Mom and Grandma made a similar Polish treat when I was growing up, contained sugar, eggs and vanilla instead of honey. They are called Chrustciki. These were cut in 1" wide by 4-5" long strips. A slot was cut in the middle and one end pushed through the slot and pulled to form Angel Wings. Guess every nationality has a Fried Dough treat. Thanks for the post. Brought back some great memories...JJ

It would have to be a sub-forum entitled left overs because that's what a lot of breakfast meals are. :D

Warren

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky