Breakfast Casserole

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmusser

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 11, 2020
Heading over to walleye fish Saginaw Bay with cousins next week. Figured I would whip up some breakfast burritos. Turns out I only had 3 shells. Slight change of plans and just used what was on hand.

Phase One: Tortilla Shell, smoked pepper jack covered,scrambled eggs with Tiger Sauce mixed in, Venison breakfast sausage crumbled on top
IMG_1969.jpg
IMG_1971.jpg

Phase Two: Tortilla covered with smoked double cheddar and homemade pepper bacon
IMG_1972.jpg

Phase 3: Tortilla shell with mix of Tiger sauce and Chipotle sauce, followed by super crisp hashbrowns (cousin orders that way at restaurant) baked in bacon grease and butter under broiler, smoked mild cheddar, diced double smoked ham, more mild cheddar and finished with shredded pepperjack
IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

From a simple breakfast burrito to a four pound feast. That should be a solid base to fill the belly for a day of fishing.
1613754422323.png

Oh yeah. Love me some Walleye. Your over there by my old stumping grounds. Did a lot of camping and canoe around the Bay City area. Grew up in New Baltimore north of Detroit. Might as well fish for some yellow perch also!

Reactions: jmusser
Looks delicious and filling! Just don't miss the big one cuz you're napping!

Ryan

• Haha
Oh yeah. Love me some Walleye. Your over there by my old stumping grounds. Did a lot of camping and canoe around the Bay City area. Grew up in New Baltimore north of Detroit. Might as well fish for some yellow perch also!
I grew up in Bay City! Moved over to Kalamazoo for school and never left. Got a good deal with cousins that walleye fish there all the time and then come to the west side to salmon fish with me. It's a great deal because we always know we are going home with fish regardless of whether we catch any. Tried to convince pound for pound trades to no avail. :) I can't catch walleye over here to save my life.

I grew up in Bay City! Moved over to Kalamazoo for school and never left. Got a good deal with cousins that walleye fish there all the time and then come to the west side to salmon fish with me. It's a great deal because we always know we are going home with fish regardless of whether we catch any. Tried to convince pound for pound trades to no avail. :) I can't catch walleye over here to save my life.
I planning a trip to Mi this summer after retiring. My parents are from Hart. Have a cousin need to see her and family in Sterling Heights and friend in Lexington that has place on lake. Still some old friends still in New Baltimore.

That looks amazing!! Excellent improvisation to create a breakfast monster.

Robert
Thanks Robert. I live like 3 minutes from the grocery store. Could have just went and got shells. Just inspired by all the cool stuff I see on here and just kept building! LOL

Heck with the breakfast...I've not been able to Walleye fish since I moved to the South Carolina in 1978. Walleye and Crappie the only fresh water fish for me.

Reactions: daveomak
All of those look delicious. Great job. I'd eat any and all of those. Great improvising. And that last 4 pounder? Oh yeah!

Well after a super cold spell, the heat came, and ice fishing plans fell through like a snowmobile on thin ice. 🤦‍♂️ Warmed up in oven and it was fantastic! A bit spicy but the kids loved it. Realized after, it was missing sausage gravy. LOL
IMG_2037.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky