bought a new smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

newsmokerky

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 25, 2014
Bowling Green
Hello all. Thanks for all the past tips. Based on recommendations here, and online reviews, I just bought a new Smokin It #2 electric smoker. It should be here by the end of the week. BTW, they have a special until Jan 2. 10% off any in stock smoker, free shipping, and a complimentary cover. I've only used a cheap Brinkman kettle style propane smoker. It's done great for me, but I've worn it out. Any tips/hints/suggestions on using the new electric job would be appreciated. I'm going to break it in next weekend with a butt. Happy new year to everyone.

I bet you're going to love it!
And a nice piece of butt for the New Year....
Can life get better than that?

I know Old Sarge has a Smoken It. I think his is a #2.
I think they are Kevlar. Bulletproof.

I have a Smokin' It #2 for about 5 years now and absolutely love it. Make sure you season it well according to the directions (they used to ship with some pieces of oak for seasoning, don't know if they still do). It is easy to "over smoke" in an electric, so start out using less wood than you think you need until you get a handle on it.

Mine also came with a cover. It's been exposed to the elements year round for as long as I've owned the smoker and I'm just now looking to replace it (couple tears here and there).

Good luck on your first smoke. Let us know how it turns out. And don't hesitate to ask questions!!

You'll love it! I switched from propane to a #1 on Cyber Monday and its been smoking pretty steadily since. As oldsmokerdude said go light on your wood. I think the most I've used in a single smoke was 3 oz. And Walmart sells chunk wood for a very decent price.

I've got some hickory sticks. I've read that bark shouldn't be used in electric smokers. Is that consistent with your results? Can I just chunk up the sticks I have with a hatchet? If so, they need to be 1.5-2" at most each?

Congratulations on the new smoker. It's always exciting to get a new toy to play with.

Chris

Seasoning the new smoker.

Attachments

• 37BD86B2-B875-47EA-BB5B-5CF63C1C9B9F.jpeg
    37BD86B2-B875-47EA-BB5B-5CF63C1C9B9F.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: redheelerdog
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky