• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Boston Butt with QVIEW!

chaze215

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 20, 2011
This was my 1st attempt at PP and it came out AWESOME! Heres the lowdown guys. Rubbed up the 10.45# Butt on Thursday with Jeffs rub and a few seasonings that I added to it. Spent the night in the fridge wrapped in plastic wrap. Friday when I got home from work, I fired up the smoker and she was in by 530pm @ 240-250 and I used a mix of Hickory and Apple. By 1130 the IT had gotten up to 160 and I foil wrapped her. I would have sent her back in the smoker at this point, but its VERY windy here in NJ so I decided to throw her in the oven to finish. So, into the oven at 240 and foil wrapped with the therm alarm set for an IT of 205. At 530 this am the therm alarm went off and I took her out, wrapped it in some towels and into a cooler. Just got up around 830 and began pulling. Man o man is it TENDER!! The IT when I started pulling was at 182. I suggested to my girlfriend that we have some pulled pork sandwiches for breakfast.....LOL! (she didnt go for it) So it looks like it will be PP for lunch! Enjoy the QVIEW (start to finish) and thanks for looking!

Rubbed and ready for the fridge:

Ready to be foil wrapped:

The unveiling. Nice bark!

Another view:

Pile O pork ready to be pulled:

Juicy!

The aftermath....lol

Final product. Yummmmm!!

The bone....just for kicks. Pulled right out!

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
Looks Great!

Todd

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
Awesome!!

PP for breakfast  yaaaaaaaa!!!

Craig

metal man

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 6, 2011
I been cooking pulled pork for longer then i can remember and I've come to one conclusion.Its hard to beat some good ole pulled pork! Thanks for the Qview.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
Looks great. Nice and juicy. I have some in the fridge that I pulled out of the freezer the other day. I think I'm going to make myself a PP omelet. Yum!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Nice job there Chaz, excellent looking PP!

skully

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 24, 2011
Nice lookin bark, bet it was real tasty, how was the salt content with Your rub????  great job for sure

deannc

Master of the Pit
Joined Jun 13, 2010
Congrats on a great smoke!  Nothing wrong with PP for breakfast.  

virginiasmokesignal

Meat Mopper
Joined May 21, 2009
Chaz, man now that is some good looking PP, nice large butt so you should have some around for a day or two!  Hope your gf likes PP real well! LOL, If she is eating at your house I bet I know what's on the menu.  EXCELLENT JOB CHAZ !

Your SMF Friend,

Barry 

chaze215

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 20, 2011
Chaz, man now that is some good looking PP, nice large butt so you should have some around for a day or two!  Hope your gf likes PP real well! LOL, If she is eating at your house I bet I know what's on the menu.  EXCELLENT JOB CHAZ !

Your SMF Friend,

Barry 
She sure does Barry...lol The weekend menu the last 3 weekends has been babyback ribs, beef brisket and now PP......lol

sqwib

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 25, 2007
Hell  I would have been happy just wiping that cutting board down with a good rolll.

Thanks, I think i'll go eat my yogurt now

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.