Boneless Leg of Lamb

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
I have been putting the smoker thru a workout. I have always liked well cooked lamb and have tried it before and it just didn’t turn out that great. After looking all around this site I really liked the look of some of the bone off lamb legs so I decided to improve my smoking skills and smoke one myself.

I took a little bit from every post and made my own interpretation of it.

I started with a 5 Lb leg from Costco. I sautéed an onion, a jalapeno, and a few oyster mushrooms with EVOO, some thyme and pepper and rosemary. When it was ready it was placed in the middle of the lamb and wrapped back in the cleaned netting it came in.

6fb3c54c_legolamb_001.jpg

d772480c_legolamb_002.jpg

I placed it in the smoker which was preheated to 250 with cherry wood chips and had red wine and water in the drip tray.

0211d04c_legolamb_003.jpg

It took around 5 ½ hours to get to 142*. By then it was 10pm and neither my wife nor I wanted to wait the proper time to let it rest. We were way too hungry. I knew going from the smoker to the kitchen it was going to taste great.

51920d8c_legolamb_004.jpg

44b96aba_legolamb_005.jpg

My wife cooked up a potato medley and a nice salad to accompany the lamb and we ate every bit as our two dogs drooled on.

15376dda_legolamb_006.jpg

Reactions: rstr hunter
Beater, afternoon....  You have done it now.... I getting a leg of lamb...... aromatics, garlic, leeks, celery, onions, basil, rosemary, tomatoes, MES 30, should make a good combo....  Dave

Thanks for the nice words.

One thing I forgot to post. If you smoke a Lamb leg you have to make sure you have either Feta cheese (milder) or Blue chesse (harsher) to sprinkle on top of the lamb when serving.

Either one depending on your taste will counteract the lamb flavor in such a perfect way your taste buds will go wild.

Beautiful and perfect IT...JJ

Lamb is wonderful stuff. It's been far to long since I have done a roast myself. You took it to about the perfect temp for me. I like it a little pink but not bloody. Great  job!

i would have shown you just after cutting it but I forgot to take pic yesterday plus I was sick from a cold so I fell asleep

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky