BLT AND LOADED POTATO SOUP

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Well we already had grilled cheese and tomato soup this week. But it just feels like a soup and sandwich kind of week. The wife threw together a new crock pot recipe she got from my mom last week. Cheesy potato soup made from frozen diced hash browns ,cream cheese ,shredded cheese,cream of chicken condensed soup ,chicken broth and bacon. I decided a nice big BLT would go along with that nicely.

When I got home Ivy had the soup going in the crock pot. I had to open the lid! It smelled awesome!
0115202112.jpg

I got to work on making the sandwiches. Started with slicing a couple tomatoes and then salt and pepper and letting them sit while I get the bacon going. I always salt and pepper my tomatoes . it really bumps them up a notch.
0115201922.jpg

Bacon in the cast iron!
0115201934.jpg

Still had some French loaf left from the other nights sandwiches so I sliced it up. Put Dukes mayo on both sides.
0115202059.jpg

Layer the tomato on one side
0115202101a.jpg

Then the bacon. 6 full slices on each sandwich...yes 6 lol!
0115202102.jpg

Then into the cast iron with butter to toast them up
0115202129.jpg

While they were getting toasty I got the soup into the bowls. This is where they became "loaded" topped with shredded cheese ,sour cream,green onion and crumbled bacon. Yum!
0115202132.jpg

Once the sandwiches got nice and toasty I pilled on some chopped lettuce and put the tops on. Onto the plate and cut in half. Time to chow down!
0115202141.jpg
0115202141b.jpg
0115202142.jpg

Hands down the best BLT I've ever made! Man was that thing good! The soup was awesome too. They paired together great. We will definitely be making this meal again! Thanks for taking a look!

Man that all makes my mouth water!! Big fan of salt and pepper on the tomatoes and Dukes has surpassed Hellman’s on my mayo list.

Man that all makes my mouth water!! Big fan of salt and pepper on the tomatoes and Dukes has surpassed Hellman’s on my mayo list.
Thanks! I had baught a jar of hellmans a while back because they were out of dukes. I forgot how much different it was from dukes. Never again. Lol

WOW Sowsage, that BLT looks mighty fine!

And what a pairing with the soup....which looks good enough to stand on it's own as well.

BIG LIKE!

John
Thanks! That soup was really good! It would be fine just by itself but for me I have to have a sandwich with soup. My wife on the other hand could just eat soup and be content .

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky